PDA

View Full Version : turn signal/indicator issue

gchild
05-29-2006, 02:45 AM
I got an intermittent issue when indicating right. Occasionally, although the combination switch/stalk has been engaged, the turn signal does not flash or make the usual clicking sound on the dash. To remedy it, i push the stalk up a couple of times whilst its engaged. No problems indicating left...

I hope what i have described makes sense...any ideas of the cause? Faulty combo stalk or a relay for the right side indicator?

Car: c280 w202

Proven Guilty
05-29-2006, 02:50 AM
i had the same problem. my solution was removing all of the bulbs in the right rear assembly, and cleaning the contacts. corrosion was intermittently causing the bulb to not make contact, and certain signal lights wont flash if one or more is burned out.

hope that works for you too!

gchild
05-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
i had the same problem. my solution was removing all of the bulbs in the right rear assembly, and cleaning the contacts. corrosion was intermittently causing the bulb to not make contact, and certain signal lights wont flash if one or more is burned out.

hope that works for you too!

I think it may be a different issue as the indicators on the outside of the car operate fine, once i've played about with the stalk a few times...