PDA

View Full Version : The long block is back together… finally!!!

JasonH
07-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Well, my long-block is finally back together and ready to install. So it shouldn’t be too much longer till I’m up and running again. Talk about suffering from the “I can’t wait” syndrome! I added some new pics and information on rebuilding process to the website. Check it out at:

http://www.turbobenz.com/Rebuild.htm

You may have seen a few of the first pictures to come up, the new stuff is further down the page.

Jason :D

CKlasse
07-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Right on Jason.. !

Hard core! :) :)

nokia8860
07-31-2003, 08:14 AM
http://www.turbobenz.com/Images/Longblock_on_Cart.jpg

P!MP

dwang
07-31-2003, 11:51 AM
NICE!!! I want to see the new time slips at the track on this baby!!!

Dave

speedybenz
07-31-2003, 03:18 PM
Jason,

Thats very nice, makes me wish I had one to play with. What are your parts total cost?

If you had gone the Normal Asperated route you could still be putting out some serious Hp.

2.3 Liters at 100 Hp/liter, about 230 Hp.

Do you have any more closer pics of your cylinder head. The valve spacing looks good but the chamber is pretty open and larger with very limited areas of squish to generate turbulance.

What kind of leakdown do you have now? And how much torque does it take to turn over your dry motor?

Jeff

JasonH
08-04-2003, 12:34 PM
What are your parts total cost?

Waaaay too much! ;) Actually, the new stuff I had made was pretty reasonable considering. I don't have the receipts with me but could give you more detail if you want it off list. I can say that I have dumped a ludicrous amount of money over the last year and a half on this project. But I guess that's how things like this go.

Do you have any more closer pics of your cylinder head

Nope.

What kind of leakdown do you have now? And how much torque does it take to turn over your dry motor?

Don't know the leakdown, but would think it would be zero or pretty darn close to it since it's all new. I guess we won't know until it's in, running, and had ample break-in time. Regarding the torque to turn over dry, I did not try this, so I can't tell ya.

Jason :D