PDA

View Full Version : Where to order maintenance parts.

Espresso
06-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I need to order some maintenance items for the Sport. The dealers prices here ar ea bit out in left field, so I am going to order them myself & have them install what I want.
You can PM me or email me if you do not want to post a name of a company here. I looked at the sponsors & they do not exactly offer anything.
Here is what the dealer wants pricewise for the parts I need( some are also not listed)

Spark plugs $20ea x12
fuel filter $150( plus clips...whatever clips they are talking about that break)
Rocker arm gaskets $31ea
Cabin filter $40
What I need...
A FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL :D
Oil cooler gaskets( or O-rings..whichever they are)

They are getting me for $125 ea for the LCA bushings & $84 ea for the ball joints. These parts CANNOT wait, so i'm going to bite the bullet & have them do it. Saving some cash isnt worth the safety risk(they ar ein horrible shape).
The good point is Labor rate is only $40/hr.

I am going to make a post in the performance section also, because they did full diag & the engine is as good as new, so I may start throwing some thigns at it.

So if anyone can hit me up with a good parts supplier it would be greatly appreciated. The tax & import fees they are asking are just WAY crazy. I will save alot of cash, shipping things myself. Be it from Germany, the states or where ever else I can find them.

Thank You,
Tom

jnolte
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
importec.com

martattack
06-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
importec.com

seconded. I go there for alot of parts. They have a huge selection of W202 parts.

Proven Guilty
06-01-2006, 03:59 PM
http://www.alleuropeanautoparts.com

hands down, they've had the cheapest prices i've found on most of my maintenance parts. an added bonus, any orders over $75 includes FREE ground shipping. this was especially useful when i ordered my rotors.

i've gotten the following parts from this company:
-MAF
-Front and Rear Rotors
-Spark Plug Wires
-Ignition Coil x2
-Oil Filter + Rubber Seal
-Air Filter (K&N Panel Drop In)
-Fuel Filter
-Cabin Filter

I'm sure they've got everything else you need. I was just looking to do the brakes, and get my car running right again (was horribly misfiring, poor A2F ratios, stalling, rough idel etc)

Car runs like a champ, and out the door was less than $500 shipped. Can't beat that for full maintenance parts. You'd be suprised how easy it is to do all the work yourself on a W202. I've found this car to be as easy, if not easier to work on than any Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler I've ever owned.

jnenad16
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
I get almost all of my parts at www.autohausaz.com

nenad

Espresso
06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Thank you all for the info so far. Those look like excellent places. Shipping for me is kinda weird. I have things shipped to an "address"in Miami & then my mail provider here ships it from Miami to Panama. So it is only an extra 3 days or so. I can order & ship engines, body panels, ect.
Proven Guilty, I can do some of the work, but nothing like I used to, because of my injuries. Anthing up top like the plugs, gaskets, ect, are no sweat. Anything that requires me to get under the car, for the most part I leave to either friends or the shop.

One thing I cannot figure out. I hear of plug wires on all these cars(many people that mention they replaced them). Yet I have a COP setup. I cannot see any wires. Just the wires to the coils. I have 6 of those. Which I assume fire 2 plugs each. Am I wrong?

As for the MAF & all the major sensors. They were all just recently replaced. & then he found out that it needed the suspension work( we talked again today & he told me). He was tired of just sinking over 3K in maintenance so he just bought a new Sport 'vert. I bought the car through his consignment guy that he uses, so I didnt get all the info until now.
I just also found out that after ordering a new key fob for $300, that he has two that he just found in his desk. So hopefully, I can cancel the order from the dealer.

Anyway. Enough for now I need to post a few more thngs & get surfing.

Thank you,
Tom