PDA

View Full Version : Need Help getting rid of body roll . . .

714guy
01-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Hey everybody what the best way??

I am not to familiar with whats involved to fix it but just the basics and dont know what i need. I just know that it has something to do with swaybars, sturts and some other stuff, i think.

I am currently running H&Rs with bilstien steup, which is good but has lots of body roll and isn't stiff enuff. I was looking for a c43 sway bar for the rear but have been having a hard time finding one. So I am out to look for an affordable way to try to remove as much body roll as possible. Can anybody help ???

Thanks so much.

SpeedBenz I remember you doing an upgrade do you mind poosting it again with all the parts that are in volved??

speedybenz
01-13-2003, 10:35 AM

Too much body roll, I can't believe it. At what ht. is your car? Do you have it lowered to the ground?

The easiest way to help the situation is to add a rear bar. Go to Speedway Engineering you want the 3/4" straight bar with splined ends.

To connect the bar to the lower arms go the following link:

http://www.colemanracing.com/section/index.htp?id=29

These coulpers will attach the arms. you need 2.

You need to cut your stock bar off, easist way to remove it. Cut it right at the mounting point and you only need to cut one side. Then you cut off the Stock Swaybar arms where they go from being straight to turning. File, grind a curved contour to match the Coleman couplers and have them welded in-place.

Then you slide the straight swaybar through the mounts and push the couplers on the bar and tighten the set screw. Then bolt up the swaybar arms to the stock links.

Cheap 19mm rear bar.

I will post some pics soon.

Jeff

Renn 208
01-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Hey Jeff, would you happen to have a good reading list to help all of us understand suspensions a bit more?

I'm considering shock seutps and would like to have the knowledge to discern the real differences between the offerings.

Penske, Bilstein, Koni, Kleemann et al.

For the most part, is it mostly a matter of how carefully compression and rebound rates are chosen? What about valving? As far as I can tell, the Penske gives the most flexibility, but how do you go about finding a setup that will best balance performance and comfort?

714guy
01-14-2003, 08:48 AM
originally posted by Speedybenz
Too much body roll, I can't believe it. At what ht. is your car? Do you have it lowered to the ground?

My car is about 5 inches off the ground basically the gap btw wheel and fender is only 1 finger.

originally posted by Speedybenz
Then you cut off the Stock Swaybar arms where they go from being straight to turning. File, grind a curved contour to match the Coleman couplers and have them welded in-place.

What needs to be welded ???