PDA

View Full Version : What Brand Factory rotors and pads

Uncle Jase
06-09-2006, 11:22 AM
does anyone know what brand rotors and pads the dealer uses?

I met this guy that worked at a dealer and I asked if he could get me these parts at a discount, he was able to get me front and rear rotors and pads for $200, it seemed like a good deal so I went with it. last week I replaced everything and all went smooth

but it has been raining alot here so today I take a look at the rotors and they are starting to rust in the center and on the edges, so back to my question if anyone knows what brand the dealer would use on these parts as factory replacements would help me know if this guy actually got me factory parts.

Thanks.

dshenberger
06-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Unless you buy something like a powerslot rotor they will rust, and even the powerslots will rust on the brake surface once they are used. I think factory rotors are bremebo.

martattack
06-09-2006, 03:17 PM
The braking surface is pretty much guaranteed to rust when it gets wet. Not much you can do about it. Unoxidized steel reacts with oxygen and rusts. No two ways about it. The edges and center that do not contact the brake pad can be plated with metal or nickel to prevent rust. The factory supplied brakes most likely are NOT plated.

Uncle Jase
06-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks! I'm thinking I'll take some time to sand and paint that area so it wont look so bad.