PDA

View Full Version : Need performance tips

Spectre192
07-31-2003, 03:15 PM
Hi,
I just bought a 95 C280 and working on making it the best car in my area. I want to make it look great, but also have it be able to tear the road up pretty fiercly. So far all I have done is tinted the windows and i'm almost through installing my 8-bit Nintendo in the center console. What I want to know is how to add serious horse power to my car. What is the best air-intake, what are the parts, and where can I get them? Also i'd like to put in a turbo/supercharger, again what parts, who makes them, and where can I find them. Last thing is what should I get for a quiet exhaust system, and where can I find AMG exhaust tips? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

00kompressor
07-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Kleeman, S/C. Find it at evoSPORT.

nokia8860
07-31-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Spectre192
Hi,
I just bought a 95 C280

What is the best air-intake, what are the parts, and where can I get them?

Currently not much out there besides the HKS mushroom ones or filter replacements from other companies.

Where to buy: Your local go fast auto store should be able to order them up for you.

Also i'd like to put in a turbo/supercharger, again what parts, who makes them, and where can I find them.

For the M104 only off the shelf thing in somewhat production is the mosselman bi turbo kit.

Where to buy: CLUB202 member JRE320

Last thing is what should I get for a quiet exhaust system, and where can I find AMG exhaust tips? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

AMG stuff are pretty quiet. C36 tips are not sold by themselves, gotta buy the muffler to get them. The C43 I belive are the same as well however you can find some AMG tips around. But if youre out for performance better change more than the tips.

Where to buy: Tom @ Caliber Motors

Best of luck with your project!

JRE320
07-31-2003, 08:21 PM
If you are serious about Mosselman bi turbo there's one I know
that's currently for sale. He used it for about 3 months and the car was totalled in an accident. He had most of the manifold custom fabricated so it will fit exactly for his engine.
You don't need to worry about fittings anymore. All you need to find is a shop who can install it for you. I'll try to get in touch with the guy and find out if he still got it. ;)
By the way I was the one who got that Bi-turbo Mosselman for him. ;)

jnolte
07-31-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
If you are serious about Mosselman bi turbo there's one I know
that's currently for sale. He used it for about 3 months and the car was totalled in an accident. He had most of the manifold custom fabricated so it will fit exactly for his engine.
You don't need to worry about fittings anymore. All you need to find is a shop who can install it for you. I'll try to get in touch with the guy and find out if he still got it. ;)
By the way I was the one who got that Bi-turbo Mosselman for him. ;)

HEY Jre

How much would he want for this turbo kit???

JRE320
08-01-2003, 01:36 AM
I'll let you know as soon as I get in touch with him.
Take note for a brand new one cost $6500. If you go thru me
you don't pay that retail price of $6500. You know what I mean...
;) :)

Spectre192
08-02-2003, 05:45 PM
JRE,

I'm serious about the Turbo, but I need to know how much it costs so I can get the funds. I have a good amount of money already, but it may not be enough. Post how much it will be or get my email. I Appreciate the help.

JRE320
08-02-2003, 06:20 PM
If you prefer the brand new one it will cost you $5850 + shipping.
Now for the 3 months old one with all the fittings already in place he wants $5000. Take note that brand new one cost $6500.
;)

gr8t1hex
08-03-2003, 09:25 AM
i would love to buy that kit but the question is can i make it work on my c36. Let me know if you have any info on the application of the turbo kit on a 95 c36. Thanks

JRE320
08-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by gr8t1hex
i would love to buy that kit but the question is can i make it work on my c36. Let me know if you have any info on the application of the turbo kit on a 95 c36. Thanks

Sorry for all I know it's not applicable for a C36 engine. :(

PARADIGM
08-04-2003, 09:48 PM
my company is specialized in making performance racing intakes for mercedes, vw, and other various foreign cars please e mail me at bombtrack@sbcglobal.net.

JRE320
08-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Can you post some pic for us to see how it look like?

PARADIGM
08-05-2003, 11:04 AM
i would like to post some pics but im new to this site and dont know how please help.
thanx

Brabus
08-05-2003, 11:06 AM
I heard Carl at Bergwerks was looking for someone with a C36 to custom fit a Mosselman... maybe with bigger turbos...

JRE320
08-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Brabus
I heard Carl at Bergwerks was looking for someone with a C36 to custom fit a Mosselman... maybe with bigger turbos...

Why don't you try it on your C36? Next car show you got a new trophy for a new mod of Mosselman turbo!!! ;) :)