PDA

View Full Version : Rotart Removal

therock2689
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Im doing bakes on my 2000 C230k and im having an issue with my rotors. Ummm, they will not come off by any means. I have pulled, smashed, WD40'ed, brake cleanered and got nothing. Do you have to take out that center nut thing that looks like its like 30mm. Im not sure, but if you have anything, please help, I need to get that done soon.

1995c280
06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
FOR THE FRONT -
take out the 5mm allen screw completely, then insert 1 wheel lug leaving it half way loose so the rotor doesn't fly off when it breaks free. now spray glass cleaner over the whole rotor so brake dust doesn't go everywhere when you hit it. then get a large hammer or mallot and just swing big. i just went to autozone a got a 3lb hammer for like 15 bucks. works great everyday.

FOR THE REAR -
same procedure but sometimes you must loosen the ebrake adjuster a little which can be done through the wheel lug holes in the rotors.

Jason

tpliquid
06-12-2006, 10:16 PM
i use a sledge hammer.
make sure u hammer the hub not the actual surface of the disc.

the hub area is where its getting stuck.
stand up band down swing the hammer or sledge hammer at the hub.

make sure the rotor is turning on the front. rears is same dont have to turn

HIT THE MIDDLE HUB NOT ON THE SURACE OF THE ROTOR

dshenberger
06-13-2006, 04:32 AM
I had to WD-40 mine in the hub area, then sledgehammer away. :) I considered putting high temp grease/anti-sieze on the hub before putting the new rotors on, but was too lazy. Anyone tried this?

therock2689
06-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey, thanks for all your help. I did not think the method was so primitive, but it was right up my ally. I was told to put High temp grease on the hub to make it easyer next time to take off. For all those doing brakes not, Happy hammering.
P.S. If you turn the wheel away from the side your working on, it makes it easyer to smash.