PDA

View Full Version : Ed's Suspension idea #21564

MirageHatch
06-17-2006, 02:11 AM
well well well

i've had my benz for about 3 months now and loving it.

so im just thinking ahead for the future if among overseas trips/saving for a house/day to day expenses I ever get around to saving for rims/suspension I have an idea I've thought of.

I see ESPRIT model C's driving around and they look considerably lower than my CLASSIC C and from what i hear they use a slightly lower spring with stock shocks from the factory.

When I get 18's I only want a slight drop to close in the gap some. I am thinking a 2nd hand set of ESPRIT springs from a wreckers will do the trick and as a $ saving bonus i still get to keep my stock shocks and still have a 'mercedes' quality suspension set-up. I tend to think this is quite a good / safe and effective alternative.

I am interested to hear ppls opinions on if this will work or if there is some technicality I am unaware of!

Cheers boys!

c280nz
06-17-2006, 03:44 PM
just buy some aftermarket lowering springs. your local auto shop may even offer springs for your car, and you will prolly be surprised it may be chaeper option than ripoff wreckers

MirageHatch
06-17-2006, 07:31 PM
yes that is an option however I like the thought that the Esprit springs are designed to be used with stock shocks. Typically aftermarket lowering springs are designed for use with shorter travel shocks.....

c280nz
06-18-2006, 03:26 AM
im not sure of the esprit model you talk about, but understand different model 202's have different shocks also. so you may need the spprings and shocks out of the esprit. but most aftermarket springs are designed for the car and suspension travel and will therefore work effectively with the stock shocks.
just a thought