PDA

View Full Version : OBD ii code 170?Right Cylinder Mixture Reached Limit Value

machomachacho
06-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Code 170-Right cylinder Mixture Adaptation has Reached Limit Value??

Recently replaced MAS and been running the car for a week to get her to self adapt.

Also did the trick about touching the +/- wires to battery (DIY reset), right after put the ignition into position 2 for couple minutes (i did it 15) and it should reinstall the stock default adaptation values from the MAS replacement. Dunno? I figure she'll definitely self adapt.

Sometimes the code will come up, i clear it, run good for a good part of the day then throws 170 again.

98 C230 run great other than the CEL popping up. Just hoping to avoid something is going to jack things up bad eventually from the "170".

Any experts here? Preciate any ideas man.

JOESID
06-18-2006, 07:14 AM
where did you get the MAFS from? I think its a bad part. I had the same symptoms and once I put the new part in the CEL actually cleared went off on its own.

machomachacho
06-18-2006, 08:51 AM
what's up man. maf is brand spankin new from ebay auction out of GB. bro the seller for the record has 100 feedback, i was hesitant about old MAS being resold on ebay, so luckily i found a good shop out of GB.

from what your saying you were getting the same 170 code and swapping out the MAF did the trick?

JOESID
06-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Just make sure its an original Bosch. I bought one from eBay that was a replica. The car was shifting really freakishly. The company that I ordered it from was GREAT and allowed me to return it to them no questions asked. Just be really careful as that part is extremely sensitive. This is one of the few parts where OEM is a must.