PDA

View Full Version : Install My Suspension Please!

pierrebond
06-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Is there anyone in Florida that can install my suspension. I've gotten quotes ranging from $600 to $800 too install my springs and shocks. They say it will take 3 hours for the front and 2 hours for the rear. I've had these since April and I really want to get them on, but there is no way im paying that much. One shop flat out told mewe wont install it if its not oem for the car. I had a friend try, but he couldn't get the lower control arm to go down to take out the spring while it was compressed. I can't stand looking at them anymore in their box, it's painful!! I will pay cash!

jnenad16
06-19-2006, 10:37 AM
just follow instructions I have posted last year, and you'll save all that money. do a search, and you will find it.

nenad

sanf
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
follow nenad's instructions if you are used to doing all kinds of work on your car.

or shell out $600 and call it a day because it's really easier said/see than done.

its tough to get any side helps from the east coast. i asked and asked....but ended up paying $400 for the total job (springs/shocks). I rented a spring compressor and that thing came malfunction, i nearly broke my hand. I paid the $400 and still riding happily after 4 yrs.

FreeStyler
06-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Shop around though, I shopped around and found a shop that did it for $180.

PS. Be very very careful when doing it yourself. I attempted following the instructions on the board, but man your car has to be so high up in your home garage it feels scary good luck.!

Vodka G
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
HOLLY $600 that's crazy

here in cali that should cost no more than $300 or so PLUS alignment of course

pierrebond
06-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Haha the one shop I went to wanted almost $1000 for the install and alignment. I had a blank stare for about 2 minutes. Mind you this was a german repair shop and I would have assumed he would quote me for like 2 hours of labor, but instead quoted me for 3 hrs front and 2 hours rear plus alignment. It's like they are re-engineering my suspension and making all this new custom work for it. Shops around here really suck, they all want you to buy their stuff or they wont install it. In my last attempt, I was unable to get the control arm to lower. It would not come loose from the pivot joint. I tried using one of the fork seperators, but it would not budge.

black96benz
06-20-2006, 01:39 PM
I was quoted 450 including an alignment but I didnt want to pay that. I work at a shop and I watched my good friend, an ASE certified master mechanic put on all four springs in about 50 minutes. After I took it to sears and had it aligned since they have a 6,000 mile warranty. Anyways he moved back to Texas and all I had to do was buy him lunch for the labor. Hope you can find a deal like me!!

MikeL
06-22-2006, 12:28 AM
I could do the springs on the 202, in about 30 minutes. The shocks take about 30 or so mins as well. $600 is crazy, maybe I need to go and open up shop in Florida.

559EVO
07-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by pierrebond
Haha the one shop I went to wanted almost $1000 for the install and alignment. I had a blank stare for about 2 minutes. Mind you this was a german repair shop and I would have assumed he would quote me for like 2 hours of labor, but instead quoted me for 3 hrs front and 2 hours rear plus alignment. It's like they are re-engineering my suspension and making all this new custom work for it. Shops around here really suck, they all want you to buy their stuff or they wont install it. In my last attempt, I was unable to get the control arm to lower. It would not come loose from the pivot joint. I tried using one of the fork seperators, but it would not budge.
I had the same problem with the control arm so I put it back together.Ive never had a problem like that before, Ive done many lowering jobs but this one kicked my ass. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I will do a search on instructions or local prices to get it done.