PDA

View Full Version : roll cage availablity

ship
06-22-2006, 05:39 PM
i searched and found no suppliers of roll cages... just looking for a competition grade 8 point. with harness bar.

Renn 208
06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
You best bet would be to go to a reputable cage builer, of which there are quite a few. Perhaps there are even some in your area?

If you need a starting point, here are a couple that may be able to help:

Kirt @ hypersport

http://www.hyper-sport.net/

Mitch Piper @ Piper Motorsports

Piper Motorsports, Manassas Park, VA, 703-530-0353

Also, have you spoken to folks in your local SCCA?

BTW, in what series, or category do you plan on racing? That should determine your cage requirements.

ship
06-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Not sure on which class I will enter with this car but i know it will get some track time in some hpde events. Definitely some scca time trials but nothing seriously competitive, I use dirt tracks for the serious money spending.

Renn 208
06-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Well, notwithstanding class restrictions, search around for threads by speedybenz, they should be a good starting point for your prep.

ship
06-23-2006, 11:39 AM
thanks will do, i found a couple seriosuly modded cars on here, can't wait until i do mine.

Renn 208
06-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Why not start out by posting pics of your current rides?;)

ship
06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
too many... the C isn't even mine yet. i thought i posted an introduction but i guess not, ill go do that now..

FinalPhaze202
07-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by ship
i searched and found no suppliers of roll cages... just looking for a competition grade 8 point. with harness bar.

Try Art Morisson. They hooked up the cages for all the cars we built. Do a search on Art Morisson Enterprise or "AME Roll cages" and they should come up. They do custom bending also.

MBATF
07-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Any 4x4 Fab shops will be able to built one since they are alway built and rebuilt or custome built for rock krawlers.

ship
07-08-2006, 11:17 AM
well I took y'alls suggestions and called some racing shops around orlando..

I emailed a guy a couple of pictures of what i had in mind and he said he could easily modify a drag race cage to my specs!!

only 850 as well, that's cheap compared to what ive been lookin at.

Renn 208
07-08-2006, 01:45 PM
let us know how it progresses! and def post pics soon!

ship
07-08-2006, 02:43 PM
gotta get the 850 first..:(

I start a real full time job on july 31st so after that expect my cars to transform since i literally have nothing else to spend money on!

I even had to sell my stocks and cash in my bonds this past year....

I plan to buy a C class and mimic the work I'm doing on my friends car...

I want a C36 or C43, depends on this job i suppose.

Nitrogenbalance
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM
I would replenish your stocks and bonds before you dump your "yet to obtain" salary from a "real job" into a play car. Kinda risky don't you think? What if something happens and you go to your stocks and bonds again...but they aren't there. Do mod, but don't spend all of your money.

How old are you? Seriously, no disrespect.

ship
07-19-2006, 02:43 PM
It's ok I don't take offense.

I am turning 26 on thursday, And have been saving 25% of my income since I was 13 for a rainy day and unfortunately that rainy day was about the past six months... so you're right I am tapped out and have no more backup...

But on the plus side I have paid my rent in advance, and can always pick up hours at my previous job to make ends meet, I have nine years of loyal service so they were very sad to see me leave. and i can literally set my own schedule.

I also have five cars to sell if I have to , and I've bought and sold 15 personal cars and never taken a loss..

So I have planned ahead, but I also lead a very simple life, don't even own a TV, so my expenses are small. I am also ex military So I can stretch a dollar.

And I buy my cars at dealer auctions so I spend a lot less than It sounds, I also have a huge tool collection so I do 90% of my own work.

and royalties from my past summer job are about to kick in!

So hopefully I am not as dumb as I might sound?? But I understand everything in moderation,,, hot rods and customs come about a little every paycheck.

thanks for the thoughts.

Nitrogenbalance
07-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Awesome. Thank you for taking that well as I did voice it out of concern and not disrespect. I graduated highschool in 2000 and I still see tons of kids I graduated with driving high priced modded cars and still living with their parents. Good luck with everything, Jedi Thrift Master! (as I call myself)

"a penny saved is a penny earned"

ship
07-20-2006, 07:15 PM
No problem at all, words of advice are always welcome, specially from other car people,,, y'all understand

I just put an entire system in my DD truck and after friends discounts, and extra parts i had laying around, I now have a new head unit, din and a half, 1200 watt amplifier, two custom boxes for JL 10w6's two tweeters, two 6by9's and two 5.25 two ways..

sounds like a dance club and my total expenditure was exactly 208.27