PDA

View Full Version : megasquirt ecu

solodough
06-25-2006, 08:17 PM
anyone have experience with a MegaSquirt experimental Do-It-Yourself universal programmable electronic fuel injection controller?

martattack
06-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Not directly, but I know a bit about it. I've helped my brother set up his E30. It's running full fuel and ignition control. Got some questions?

rollinrealbig
06-25-2006, 08:50 PM
never heard of it ... what exactly is it ? price ? how hard is it to install ?

solodough
06-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
Not directly, but I know a bit about it. I've helped my brother set up his E30. It's running full fuel and ignition control. Got some questions?

do you know which program you guys used for tuning? i'm looking for something as easy as possible - even auto tuning would be great.

solodough
06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
never heard of it ... what exactly is it ? price ? how hard is it to install ?

http://www.megasquirt.info/

alphanumeric
06-25-2006, 10:28 PM
if u want to keep life simple and want more fuel run a piggy back.

if you want a challenge go with megasquirt and be the first to do it on a 202! and let us know how it is

rollinrealbig
06-25-2006, 11:08 PM
wow this is sum nerdy ass technology!!!

jnenad16
06-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I tried a similar thing with SMT-UNI a while back, but due to lack of intermediate tuning knowledge at that time, I gave up from it. however, now if I had an access to the dyno and a whole weekend to myself and the car, I would install it and try my hand at map tuning.

nenad

martattack
06-26-2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by solodough
do you know which program you guys used for tuning? i'm looking for something as easy as possible - even auto tuning would be great.

He's running the latest MSnS-Extra code and he uses Megatune to tune it and whatnot. It's SUPER powerful. He has it runnign electronic boost control, fan control, Wide-band oxygen sensor (a must for self-tuning), fuel, wasted spark ignition (3 coils on 6 cylinders), overboost protection... etc.

He's not runnign these optoins, but it can also run it's own traction control, turbo anti-lag, and a host of other features that are pretty much only availble on the Megasquart 'n' Spark Extra code (MSnS-Extra). All the code is free.

solodough
06-26-2006, 04:06 PM
thanks boomin, i just downloaded megatune and will just have to pray. basically, i'm trying to re-tune an arizona car since there's a 4700 foot difference in elevation.

jnolte
06-26-2006, 04:07 PM
thanks boomin, i just downloaded megatune and will just have to pray. basically, i'm trying to re-tune an arizona car since there's a 4700 foot difference in elevation.

what you get?

solodough
06-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
what you get?

don't laugh when u see it- i might bring it to the meet instead of the 202.

alphanumeric
06-26-2006, 08:37 PM
is it a volvo? just a wild guess

solodough
06-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by alphanumeric
is it a volvo? just a wild guess
close; one of the other "boxes" you find on the street these days. got a scion xb for business advertising purposes but it also has a custom turbo setup which is retarded. any scion/toyota gurus please chime in about turbos.

rman
06-26-2006, 09:51 PM
close; one of the other "boxes" you find on the street these days. got a scion xb for business advertising purposes but it also has a custom turbo setup which is retarded. any scion/toyota gurus please chime in about turbos.

the refrigerator!!!

um...what about turbos do you need to know? I know absolutely nothing about toys and scions except that i'm not to keen on them, but I may be able to answer general questions about turbos.

unless it's some crazy toy-only turbo question.....

jnolte
06-26-2006, 10:40 PM
i think its more like a toaster, theres madd room in that car for some crazy ICE solo!

martattack
06-27-2006, 03:21 AM

Are you sure you have to retune it? It has an automatic barometric correction that should account for differences in elevation.

My bro says your best bet is to go to www.megasquirt.info and just starte reading and reading.

solodough
06-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
Are you sure you have to retune it? It has an automatic barometric correction that should account for differences in elevation.

My bro says your best bet is to go to www.megasquirt.info and just starte reading and reading.

and reading, and reading, and reading, and reading, and reading, and reading . . .
but in general the car is running too rich and the timing is off to the point of backfiring sometimes. it's also slow off the line and should have more boost in the lower rpm's. thanks again boomin.