PDA

View Full Version : Hps

sig425
06-28-2006, 05:02 AM
I cant find any recent news on them. Do they still have poor customer service and crappy products? The price is certainly good for a c3 supercharger. Any links would be great. everything I find is like 2003

Denlasoul
06-28-2006, 10:17 AM
If you were interested, I'd contact them directly to get more information. You might also be able to meet up with someone in your area. Just ask HPS if they could arrange a meet with one of their clients.

c55m8o
06-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sig425
everything I find is like 2003 isn't all the Gen II stuff 2004 or 2005?

sig425
06-28-2006, 03:29 PM
I have talked to them but they are kinda biased when they rate their quality :D

sig425
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
yes, 2004 2005. Its hard to find reviews of the newer gear. Many posts on different boards got deleted when they started sponsoring certain boards

Renn 208
06-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by sig425
yes, 2004 2005. Its hard to find reviews of the newer gear. Many posts on different boards got deleted when they started sponsoring certain boards

I've sent out invites to most of the major aftermarket kompressor manufacturers to do interviews and tests...but sadly only one said yes. And given that the point of the article was to try to be balanced...don't know if just having one represented would be good enough.

sig425
06-28-2006, 05:54 PM
wow? thats unbelievable. One would think they (people with Benz products to sell) would love to at least talk about their product. Free samples are good too :D :D :D

Nitrogenbalance
06-29-2006, 07:29 AM
I bought their Gen 1 supercharger. It's a Magnuson MP90 that sits off to the side like a vortech system. I'm having it installed the 10th of July. I'll be sure to detail my experience. I've got baseline dynos and stuff to compare. I'll have A/F data, boost, IAT, and all that jazz to go along.

The gen II are not right. The gen II is what put HPS in the hot seat. Many failures. The gen I are simple and proven. They only lack cooling which I will have to take the custom route to overcome.

I'll be part of the install so I'll be able to report how difficult and straight everything is.

Bang for buck I don't think you can beat the Gen I.

Denlasoul
06-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Make sure that your car is in top working condition before insatlling the system. I'd say at minimum check your diff, tranny, motor mounts, and MAF, not to mention your plugs, wires, fule line, rail, pump, filter.

c55m8o
06-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Nitrogenbalance, I'm looking forward to hearing everything. Best of luck.

Nitrogenbalance
06-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Make sure that your car is in top working condition before insatlling the system. I'd say at minimum check your diff, tranny, motor mounts, and MAF, not to mention your plugs, wires, fule line, rail, pump, filter.

I've been on that for the past month or two, getting all things straight with the car. Every filter has been changed, cabin, fuel, oil, air, etc..along with plugs, fluids, lube, etc..she is as good as she is gonna get for the moment. If something breaks than it was ment to be as my tech and I have covered every base we can think of. I'm very excited.

C55M80:
I'm still very jealous of your cars motor and suspension!! . My car has about 55,000 pampered miles at the moment so it's still kinda fresh. However, a random idea thats blown(no pun intended) through my mind is a 5.5 transplant with the Gen I system. Maybe find a low mile 5.5 and have it bored, maybe heads polished/ported, or anything of that nature while the block is out of a vehicle. Then, drop her in when the time is right. I would also consider upgrading the blower to an MP112 for the bigger discplacement as long as underhood clearance isn't an issue.......I'm gonna shut up as I've gotten ahead of what hasn't even been done yet LOL.:D