PDA

View Full Version : Installing oil gauge

therock2689
07-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Where would i need to tap into so i can get readings for oil pressure readings. Pictures would help out but if you dont thats ok.

Nitrogenbalance
07-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Just curious?? Why oil pressure gauge???

therock2689
07-01-2006, 07:43 AM
well, i was thinking that of AFR. i am probly going to do the AFR. Maybe you can help me with that then.

alphanumeric
07-01-2006, 10:54 AM
both are really nice to have on a supercharged and turbocharged car.. I have blown 2 engine blocks due to no oil presure.. would of been nice to have an oil pressure gauge

stox
07-01-2006, 11:13 AM
The two things I miss from my W201, an oil pressure gauge and an intake manifold vacuum gauge. I don't know why MB decided to drop them.

Pagz
07-01-2006, 11:55 AM
if you plan to do an oil press gauge,the best place to pic up is just under the first exhaust port(port closest to timing chain)...there is a 6mm hex key bung.

my oil temp and press are tapped from here,and so is the turbo,iv set the Defi gear to alarm for any abnormal pressures or temps,its well worth the heads up!

sort of depends on where the cars heading though...have you done,or are you planning more engine work?
though gauges are good anyhow.

Pagz
07-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by stox
The two things I miss from my W201, an oil pressure gauge and an intake manifold vacuum gauge. I don't know why MB decided to drop them.

wish they still had them too...
I guess having those gauges makes it to complicated for the average customer...so they replaced them with the check engine light! Aka please come to our workshop so we can cut out your organs for payment....