PDA

View Full Version : D2 coilovers for 202

NoRemedy
07-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Anyone using these??

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/D2-B02

c55m8o
07-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Renn, perhaps we need you put up a Sticky -- though I may be fooling myself that it would be read -- that explains to everyone that the W202 shock mounting points are not a reinforced structure capable of supporting the weight of the car in motion. ;)

NoRemedy, the shock mount point is not designed to or capable of supporting the static weight and dynamic weight of the car with added forces as the car turns and hits road irregularities. ...Not designed for Coil-overs. I've went down this road wondering about them. I'm sure a majoritiy of the members have too. Speedybenz set me straight; though I did't fully understand it @ the time. Over time I came to understand exactly what was missing at the shock mount points; structure strength.

I guess the sticky would be good to save every new member a bit of time...

NoRemedy
07-02-2006, 09:09 AM
did you even check the link out? just because the picture shows a setup that will work on other cars doesn't mean that its a spring and strut combo or something of that nature, same concept as the h&r cupkit.....the fitment guide said 93-00 w202. i already know and understand everything you told me previously, no need to explain it again. I went ahead and changed the title so everyone stops thinking I'm an idiot......but back to my origanal post...is anyone using d2 products...

c55m8o
07-02-2006, 11:21 AM
RE: did you even check the link out?

A: yes.

No insult intended. (I stated this stuff to you previously? sorry for the dup.)

Pagz
07-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Interesting,have contacted them to find out if the setup is not a coilover?

Renn 208
07-02-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3392

SLAMMED_C
07-02-2006, 03:44 PM
if ya wanna buy some "coil overs" check out this link... not a true coil over.. but close to it!
KW variant 2 coil over kit for W202 (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9858)

Pagz
07-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
if ya wanna buy some "coil overs" check out this link... not a true coil over.. but close to it!
KW variant 2 coil over kit for W202 (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9858)

Nice...i want!....40-70mm drop on the front,wonder what the ride quality is like??...sombody get these for a show an tell!!

e-mailed them for a price plus shipping lol just curious;)

SLAMMED_C
07-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Nice...i want!....40-70mm drop on the front,wonder what the ride quality is like??...sombody get these for a show an tell!!

e-mailed them for a price plus shipping lol just curious;)
Yeh I wanted them too.. until I found out the price!!.. I was quoted $2400 canadian by one company and $2000 by another.. they aint cheap!
but they look really nice.. shocks are stainless steel bodies with dampening adjustability.
a friend of mine said he knows guys thta have used KW.. they all like the ride quailty form it.. my buddy said I should get this kit for my car!.. Im tempted.. but $2000!!

Pagz
07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeh I wanted them too.. until I found out the price!!.. I was quoted $2400 canadian by one company and $2000 by another.. they aint cheap!
but they look really nice.. shocks are stainless steel bodies with dampening adjustability.
a friend of mine said he knows guys thta have used KW.. they all like the ride quailty form it.. my buddy said I should get this kit for my car!.. Im tempted.. but $2000!!

ouch...2000....dude thats millions in NZD lol...still tempted:D...maybe i can sell my konis and eibachs...hmmm
no m us t..... co s e n trate... on... o ne.... pr oject... at a... t i me

SLAMMED_C
07-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 23K
ouch...2000....dude thats millions in NZD lol...still tempted:D...maybe i can sell my konis and eibachs...hmmm
no m us t..... co s e n trate... on... o ne.... pr oject... at a... t i me
lol.. not millions.. billions in NZD!!
Im still tempted too.. but I cant justify it right now!
hmm.. if ya sell your Koni's let me know!!.. Im interested. they are the externally adjustable right? 1 of my rear Koni shocks is leaking.. well has leaked all the fluid out. knocking like crazy now. need a replacement. but I have to send it out to Koni for warranty. I still need a shock to put in my car when I send it out!! stupid Koni's.

Pagz
07-02-2006, 05:12 PM
lol.. not millions.. billions in NZD!!
Im still tempted too.. but I cant justify it right now!
hmm.. if ya sell your Koni's let me know!!.. Im interested. they are the externally adjustable right? 1 of my rear Koni shocks is leaking.. well has leaked all the fluid out. knocking like crazy now. need a replacement. but I have to send it out to Koni for warranty. I still need a shock to put in my car when I send it out!! stupid Koni's.

I know,damn dollar is so weak against yours right now!....
you should get that under warrenty fo sure man,they should send you out one first for that!!!,there still new as!...
really want this KW kit now....just cant justify it either...for that price!!!...maybe when i finally get the car running:rolleyes:

SLAMMED_C
07-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 23K
I know,damn dollar is so weak against yours right now!....
you should get that under warrenty fo sure man,they should send you out one first for that!!!,there still new as!...
really want this KW kit now....just cant justify it either...for that price!!!...maybe when i finally get the car running:rolleyes:
I dont mind!!.. just as long the canadian dollar is strong against the us dollar!!
you think they would send me one out first? I hope so.. gotta get this freakin shock replaced. they are pretty new.. havent had them that long really, less then a year I think.
lol.. yes.. get your car running.. then worry about suspension!.. you already have a nice set up.

NoRemedy
07-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Sorry renn.....i guess running a search wouldn't have hurt.....so I guess nobody has d2 on their car.....talked to my brother who is into hondas and he says they're along the lines of Omni Powers and Ksports...from what he says, they're supposedly decent.

MirageHatch
07-03-2006, 04:11 PM
I used to have D2 coilovers in my mirage hatch. it slammed it but it was the most uncomfortable ride ever. sooooo stiff, even when they were on their softest setting.

my girl wouldnt even get in the car after a while....so i sold it and bought a mercedes benz. everyone wins.

Pagz
07-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Hey slammed,that price came back at 1299 euro,plus 260 euro delivery + 12.5% tax when it enters NZ....thats $3618NZD....LOL so wont be geeting that in a hurry!...but maybe one day,gotta love those drop specs though!,considering the Eibach kit i have did 43mm rear,and 48mm front!...

heres the reply...

Dear Mr. Gilbert,

Thank you for your Email and your interest in our products. Please find below the specifications for your desired coilover kit. These two kits are Variant 2 Coilover kits. They have adjustable rebound damping forces and thereby can be adjusted to your individual driving needs. Both are stainless steel and are the KW high quality that people expect from us.

C-Klasse H0, 202 (W202)

4 Zyl. Sedan + T-Modell 03/93-05/00
Lowering Front 40-70
Lowering Rear 25-55
Part no. 15225018
Retail price: 1299,20 €

5+6 Zyl. Sedan + T-Modell 03/93-05/00
Lowering Front 40-70
Lowering Rear 25-55
Part no. 15225019

Shipping to New Zealand would be 260€ to New Zealand with Fedex.

Total cost: 1559,20 €

If you want to order directly from us, please let us know which car you have (4 cyl. Or 5/6 cyl.).

We would need your shipping and payment address. Afterwards you will receive an order confirmation from us and the payment would have to be transferred to our bank account (mentioned in the order confirmation). After the payment arrived on our account and the kit has been assembled, the coilover kit will be shipped.

According to our system delivery time will be around 2 weeks, since the kit has to be assembled and 2 pats are missing, which we are waiting to receive from our supplier.

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to receiving your order.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

SLAMMED_C
07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Hey slammed,that price came back at 1299 euro,plus 260 euro delivery + 12.5% tax when it enters NZ....thats $3618NZD....LOL so wont be geeting that in a hurry!...but maybe one day,gotta love those drop specs though!,considering the Eibach kit i have did 43mm rear,and 48mm front!...

heres the reply...

Dear Mr. Gilbert,

Thank you for your Email and your interest in our products. Please find below the specifications for your desired coilover kit. These two kits are Variant 2 Coilover kits. They have adjustable rebound damping forces and thereby can be adjusted to your individual driving needs. Both are stainless steel and are the KW high quality that people expect from us.

C-Klasse H0, 202 (W202)

4 Zyl. Sedan + T-Modell 03/93-05/00
Lowering Front 40-70
Lowering Rear 25-55
Part no. 15225018

5+6 Zyl. Sedan + T-Modell 03/93-05/00
Lowering Front 40-70
Lowering Rear 25-55
Part no. 15225019

Shipping to New Zealand would be 260€ to New Zealand with Fedex.

Total cost: 1559,20 €

If you want to order directly from us, please let us know which car you have (4 cyl. Or 5/6 cyl.).

We would need your shipping and payment address. Afterwards you will receive an order confirmation from us and the payment would have to be transferred to our bank account (mentioned in the order confirmation). After the payment arrived on our account and the kit has been assembled, the coilover kit will be shipped.

According to our system delivery time will be around 2 weeks, since the kit has to be assembled and 2 pats are missing, which we are waiting to receive from our supplier.

Thank you very much and we are looking forward to receiving your order.

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
WOW!! thats not cheap!! thats probably even more expensive then I can get them for!!
the drop specs are very nice.. but that kit is just way too espensive. for that price you could almost get speedybenz's Penske shock set up I bet!!
hopefully that one day comes along Paul and you do get them KW's!!..
but I cant justify the price for them.. I dont even know how good they are!