PDA

View Full Version : anyone from hongkong?

GPReyes
07-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I'll be going to hk on business July 13-16

any good aftermarket places you can recommend?

I've been to those two shops in mongkok beside the park and they don't have much

I've also checked out topwealth in hunghom and they don't have anythin for the 202 and other older cars like my r170

lookin for U.S. version (left hand drive) parts for both cars like:

crsytal headlights and tailights

projector headlights

amg/lorinser tips

brembo drilled rotors...

any help would be awesome =)

trymonlam
07-02-2006, 09:33 AM
i am in hong kong for the summer.
well, usually for my part needs i go to mong kok. i am not sure about other things, but i am sure the place i go to got the crystal clear lights for 202, amongst other small parts.
let me know if u need anything. i can give u my cell via PM.

GPReyes
07-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Cool, a whole bunch of us are goin over for to watch a dj friend spin at kee club in lankwai fong ..and maybe get some shopping done and do disney on sunday...

are you talkin about the shops in front of the park? cuz they didn't have much

really wanna get projectors like jstrats and the brembos drilled rotors that are usually on ebay...

would be great to get some addresses bro...

thanks!

trymonlam
07-03-2006, 09:20 AM
well, the shops are on the side of a basketball court, and not far away from the east rail tracks. it's a place almost everyone goes for mb maintenance parts. the ones that i go to got the body mods stuff too. i will pay a visit there this week sometime and will try to get u some info on this.
will let ya know.

GPReyes
07-03-2006, 09:59 AM
awesome bro!

keep me posted.

appreciate your help

GX5797
07-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by trymonlam
well, the shops are on the side of a basketball court, and not far away from the east rail tracks. it's a place almost everyone goes for mb maintenance parts. the ones that i go to got the body mods stuff too. i will pay a visit there this week sometime and will try to get u some info on this.
will let ya know.

Hey guy, it looks like you are more familiar with the place to buy MB thing than me who is the resident of Hong Kong. Have you been to Sham Shui Po Ap Liu Street, it is a famour place in HK for electronic goods and mobile, you can also go to the computer shop nearby.

For 2nd hand stuff, you can try Kam Tin.

GPReyes
07-04-2006, 03:20 AM
ok thanks for the tip...but I'm lookin for B-E-N-Z parts haha

GX5797
07-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Pls don't misunderstand, I mean there is an auto co. at Ap Liu Street selling Benz accessories, you can go there and check.

trymonlam
07-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by GX5797
Pls don't misunderstand, I mean there is an auto co. at Ap Liu Street selling Benz accessories, you can go there and check.
hey,
i am a resident of hong kong. though i am not often here, occasionally i know my way around.
what's the name of that store on ap liu st? u can write chinese. and, µãÈ¥? i will go take a look this week sometime.

GPReyes
07-04-2006, 10:02 AM
cool..sorry didn't get what you meant...

thanks for offering some recon guys...hope to see your 202's when I get there on the 13th!

trymonlam
07-04-2006, 10:15 AM
sure. i would like to know more cool spots for 202 parts as well.
and sorry dude, my 202's in the states.

OzC36
07-05-2006, 04:16 AM
trymonlam,

I hear there are some good OEM and aftermarket agents in HKG. If you have any recommendations, please post or send me pm.

Cheers,
OzC36

ship
07-08-2006, 02:45 PM
if y'all happen to run across a DTM kit other than psg please post! thanks and have fun on your trip, Ive never been but it sounds like a blast.

trymonlam
07-08-2006, 07:22 PM
i went to the parts dealer i usually go to. and well, they've got most of the minor parts for 202, chrome vents, grills and other fixings, but they do not have the led tails nor the projector fronts.

i will probably buy a magazine this afternoon and start by making some phone calls in these days to see who's got some stuff.

as for aftermarket agents, if what u mean if people/store that sells modding parts, then yeah, we've got plenty of those.

the bodykits for 202 here seemed to be somewhat boring. it seemed like the only kit people here use is the c36 one. people seemed to be able to either get hold of the original ones, or have some really good quality inmitations made. however, if i run into anything unique, i will let u guys know.

ship
07-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I would definitely settle for an imitation.. thanks

GPReyes
07-08-2006, 11:44 PM
hi trymon...really appreciate your effort...can i get addresses/maps of the places you went to?

leavin thurs...450pm flight out of manila.

will pm you my mobile before I leave...

can't wait to go to hk again...i love that country...

JDoggery
07-09-2006, 10:24 AM
You should visit Wald. I am very interested in the prices on some things there. Maybe you could pick a few things up for me. Let me know. Thanks.

Wald HK website (http://www.wald.com.hk/)

Showroom
G/F., Carpark, 26 Tin Hau Temple Road.
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

info@wald.com.hk

Tel
2838-8410

Fax
2511-1120

trymonlam
07-09-2006, 06:55 PM
what do u want? i know where wald is. will probably drop by there this week. i want a 126 bodykit myself.

GPReyes
07-10-2006, 07:34 AM
hey trymon...wald too expensive and not my style...just want general aftermarket stores that cell crystal lights and projectors, pedals, door pins, tips maybe...got any addresses?

thanks bro

trymonlam
07-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by GPReyes
hey trymon...wald too expensive and not my style...just want general aftermarket stores that cell crystal lights and projectors, pedals, door pins, tips maybe...got any addresses?

thanks bro

the ones that i go to got door pins in a couple different styles, shift knobs, chrome vents, pedals, and crystal tails(non-led). i will get u their address. as for other stores, let's see what other hongkong members here will have to say about this. i also just requested membership of hong kong mercedes fan club. if i do get it, i will ask them where to get the best parts.

JDoggery
07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
what do u want? i know where wald is. will probably drop by there this week. i want a 126 bodykit myself.

Also interested in a kit, for w202, but I don't know about shipping costs, etc. check your pm also. What kind of door pins do they have. Can you take come pictures of them or other stuff.

JDoggery
07-10-2006, 11:48 AM
trymonlam: pm box is full. check e-mail. thanks.

GPReyes
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
leavin tom am guys =)

hope you can helpe me with addresses..thanks!

hk here I come!

JDoggery
07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
trymonlam: sent another e-mail. thanks again.

leavin tom am guys =)

hope you can helpe me with addresses..thanks!

hk here I come!

GPReyes: be sure to post what you happen to find.

Thanks guys.

GX5797
07-11-2006, 10:45 PM
hey,
i am a resident of hong kong. though i am not often here, occasionally i know my way around.
what's the name of that store on ap liu st? u can write chinese. and, µãÈ¥? i will go take a look this week sometime.
Sorry! I have not on-line for quite a while. I don't recall the name of the auto shop, but it is to the right towards Yen Chow Street(Opposite to Dragon Centre) in the Ap Liu Street, it is mainly selling the Mercedes Benz accessories, but not as much as the one in Mongkok Hak Po St. Hope you can find it.

GPReyes
07-17-2006, 12:07 AM
back from hk..had a blast...

well the best bets are really the shops on hak po st... in mongkok...

was able to get drilled rotors for my slk...crystal tails and headlights for c 280...and a shitload of badges...

lorinser, carlsson, brabus, amg
.... got some amg pedals too...

for my next trip I'll get the amg full big brake kit for c-class and slk...

they're only 600bucks for front pair and comes with caliper...drilled rotors...pads and lines...

post pix soon when I have everything on...

trymonlam
07-17-2006, 07:54 AM

for my next trip I'll get the amg full big brake kit for c-class and slk...

they're only 600bucks for front pair and comes with caliper...drilled rotors...pads and lines...

i didn't know that! hmm... i need to pay them a visit then.
glad u had a good time here. how did u manage to get all those stuff back?

GPReyes
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I just put em in my luggage..the brakes were hella heavy haha..there's my work out for the rest of the month

trymonlam
09-11-2006, 02:08 PM
sorry to wake up this old thread, but GPReyes, which store did u get the brake setup from? i might be heading back to hong kong this summer and look into this.