PDA

View Full Version : Window Washer Failure?

97C28O
07-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Well my window washer system sort of stopped working for a while. Before this current problem, the hose has been leaking from the hood nozzles. It's been awhile since I lasted checked the leak. I press the button and nothing happens. Before, when the leaking happened I would hear the pump work, now it's just nothing at all.

So, just to make sure... Do you guys think its the pump thats not working? Or the hose?

And are these parts a DIY?

Proven Guilty
07-02-2006, 10:40 PM
if you don't hear the pump at all, it could simply be a blown fuse. i just replaced both of the windshield washer nozzles and they both came with new hoses. the driver's side was $39 and the passenger side was $35.

check the fuses, and you can probably patch the hoses up with parts from home depot (if you didn't want to drop the cash on OEM) after you get the pump working.

good luck!

97C28O
07-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the reply but, when I checked the fuse (fuse #13 40) I did'nt see any breakage or color changes. So, the next thing is probably the Pump? When I inserted the fuse back I tried the washer system. Nothing.

I think the problem is the pump because when I press the washer button the wipers wipe. (Sorry, forgot to mention that)

Where can I buy the pump online? And is it a possible DIY?

rman
07-03-2006, 03:30 PM
mine has been leaking like crazy...out of hte joint where it splits from 1 to 2 lines...i tightened up that clasp thing but it still leaks....i think i'm just gong to filll it up with silicone!

97C28O
08-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Has anyone here changed the pump themselves? Is it easy?

Sites recommended?

97C28O
08-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Okay. I bought the pump from the dealer. Costed $38.40 ( I could have bought it online for cheaper) Part No. 210-869-00-21. (Is that 210 correct? I thought it should start with a 202) Is there any difference in the pump between a 202 and 210?

Has anyone changed this part themselves? What are the steps?

benzfan
08-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
Okay. I bought the pump from the dealer. Costed $38.40 ( I could have bought it online for cheaper) Part No. 210-869-00-21. (Is that 210 correct? I thought it should start with a 202) Is there any difference in the pump between a 202 and 210?

Has anyone changed this part themselves? What are the steps?

An incredible number of parts for the 202 are shared with the 210. You'll frequently find the 210 prefix on part numbers.

martattack
08-22-2006, 08:11 AM
When I replaced mine, I needed to replace the little rubber sealing gasket. I found out the hard way because once I put the new pump in, it leaked out all my fluid. It's very easy to replace. Simply a wire connector and two hoses. The pump itself just pushes in and out.

97C28O
08-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
When I replaced mine, I needed to replace the little rubber sealing gasket. I found out the hard way because once I put the new pump in, it leaked out all my fluid. It's very easy to replace. Simply a wire connector and two hoses. The pump itself just pushes in and out.

About that rubber seal... Do I need that too? I'm asking because I don't want it to leak. Also, I've been wondering if it would leak if i pull out the old pump? I don't want a big mess. Do I need to drain the tank before pulling it out? I want to clear things up before I do something wrong..