PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my springs....

rman
07-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Well i finally did it! I've been dilly-dallying around, and for a minute, i was going to get some shocks to go with it....But that would really be stretching my budget.

I got the 6cyl koni sport springs, 35mm all around. Now I need some shims for up front (if i recall, the sport models come with #1's in back, and 4s or 5s up front).

Since i've got 93k, I'm not going to slam it so much right now. When making say, a right turn on a somewhat bumpy surface, i notice the car wallow left-right. That being said, shocks are def. in the near future, i don't experience any diving or unusual boat-ness, but high speeds (80ish) on a bumpy freeway isn't exactly "kush".....

Long story short - i get my springs mid next week, then when i can afford shocks i'll see about cutting a lil bit to get a lil lower. I've been eyeing some 19" hamman replicas...as the money comes in....

alphanumeric
07-03-2006, 01:50 PM
im in the same position as you right now..but I been holding off because I dont wanna install the lowering springs w\o shocks..because im also at 93k miles and my right rear shock is blown out.. I am also get the drifting on the freeway when u can tell the rear end of the car is sliding out when I hit a bump

anyways.. let us know how it rides with just springs =)

rman
07-03-2006, 08:30 PM
i'm sure once i put the springs on the shocks will go within a matter of a few thousand miles....lol...

my ass-end doesn't slip out, but it bucks like a [baby] horse and i think i see my headlights doing that harsh-vibration thing in the reflection of the cars in front of me...

at any rate, while they aren't super soft, i think they've lost their valving and ability to control the spring rate.

and, altho not susp. related.....i also went ahead and got a cheapo-grille from ebay.... i read the write up on it and it doesn't sound so bad, nor look bad at all. eventually i'll have it painted black along with the grille surround....

trymonlam
07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
the cheap grills off of ebay is actually pretty good. i got mine there for something like $86 shipped and it's quite thick and sturdy. it fits, though not horribly well, but a little simple modification will make it work like a charm.

rman
07-04-2006, 10:08 AM
yeah.... i've never had a mod on any vehicle that went without a hitch....

okay well maybe that's not true but i'm always prepared for things of the sort...fitment issues, etc.