PDA

View Full Version : slk manual swap? on the m111 motor.

jstrat85
07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
whats up guys? can you tell me what im going to need to get if i get the 1999 slk 230 5spd manual? ex: im i going to need a new diff, ecu ect....

rollinrealbig
07-04-2006, 07:23 PM
first off - a nice stack of money. ;)

jstrat85
07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
i foud one for $800

Pagz
07-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by jstrat85
i foud one for $800

You found one!!!...excellent!,what currency is that in?

you may also need:
-gear shifter Mech
-leather boot
-maybe the switch console around the stick.
-stick on piece for top of gear stick(1-5 gears plastic cap)
-shifter arms+ renew those little rubber bushes
-slave and master cylinders,pipework and pedal setup feed from brake reservoir.
-flywheel and clutch setup
-new flywheel bolts
it maybe a good idea to replace the thrust and pilot bearings as well if the GB/flywheel game with the old ones.

not to sure what happens with your Automatic ECU...there must be a way to eliminate it form the system as the manual requires no self learning etc lol

audiophile
07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by 23K
You found one!!!...excellent!,what currency is that in?

you may also need:
-gear shifter Mech
-leather boot
-maybe the switch console around the stick.
-stick on piece for top of gear stick(1-5 gears plastic cap)
-shifter arms+ renew those little rubber bushes
-slave and master cylinders,pipework and pedal setup feed from brake reservoir.
-flywheel and clutch setup
-new flywheel bolts
it maybe a good idea to replace the thrust and pilot bearings as well if the GB/flywheel game with the old ones.

not to sure what happens with your Automatic ECU...there must be a way to eliminate it form the system as the manual requires no self learning etc lol
a lot of beer:p

c280nz
07-05-2006, 12:49 PM
you shouldnt need a new diff, but you will most probebly need the driveshaft length changed

jstrat85
07-05-2006, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 23K
[B]You found one!!!...excellent!,what currency is that in?

$800. shit thats alot of work!

Pagz
07-05-2006, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 23K
[B]You found one!!!...excellent!,what currency is that in?

$800. shit thats alot of work!

yeh man thats no small job!

jstrat85
07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
they are probably going to want alot of money for labor! ill probably do the rods and the pistons to lower my ratio and boost it up a lil bit more.

Pagz
07-06-2006, 06:38 PM
they are probably going to want alot of money for labor! ill probably do the rods and the pistons to lower my ratio and boost it up a lil bit more.

So i guess you have hit the limits of the stock compression on pump fuel?(i'll carry this over from the last PM)

if so and your intending to run more pressure you may want to lower the compression Via custom pistons.
have you changed the injectors etc?...
also what ECU are you running?

Paul

jstrat85
07-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Fuel is not the problem. I can adjust that I got a fuel regulator IM scared I wont blow up my engine I need pistons right? do you think I need the rods also? Or just the pistons? I have already done bigger injectors and the way that we robbed the ECU is putting a bigger intake manifold with a bigger cold air intake. you think I should also do a piggy back ECU?

rollinrealbig
07-07-2006, 05:27 PM
can you tell me more of this "Bigger Intake manifold" ? PM me please, Thanks!

Pagz
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Fuel is not the problem. I can adjust that I got a fuel regulator IM scared I wont blow up my engine I need pistons right? do you think I need the rods also? Or just the pistons? I have already done bigger injectors and the way that we robbed the ECU is putting a bigger intake manifold with a bigger cold air intake. you think I should also do a piggy back ECU?

hey whats this about a bigger manifold?

have you reached the limits of your comp/boost pressure on pump gas?...if you have to lower the CR ,i'd go with some customs pistons for the job....
as for the rods im not sure...they may do 400HP:cool:

I havent studied ECU tuning in depth yet,but i know the basics...as i pick up My MoTeC M400 next week form OZ...exciting stuff ima be beside the tuner at all times on the dyno!...

also what pump are you running?,im yet to find the limits on mine...

jstrat85
07-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Do you know were the sensor for the intake sits in? OK we took my OEM one out and we custom made a bigger one. its 3" and then we placed a 3" knn filter so it sucks in more air and that's how we cheated the ECU.

so you think i should just do the pistons?

Pagz
07-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Do you know were the sensor for the intake sits in? OK we took my OEM one out and we custom made a bigger one. its 3" and then we placed a 3" knn filter so it sucks in more air and that's how we cheated the ECU.

so you think i should just do the pistons?

are you talking about the intake to the turbo?...
so what charge pressure are you running at the moment?
do you have any fresh shots of your engine bay?

i suggest pistons will be nessesary to run higher boost pressure,you will need someone to measure everything when the engine is apart so you can gauge the new CR and have pistons made to suit...but it would be best to talk with engine builders,or try contact these guys http://www.racetep.com/JE.html and explain your situation,they are currently making my pistons,they seem to know there stuff...

RemoLexi
01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
ahh this got way off topic, didnt the SLK's also have a 6-speed manual ?