PDA

View Full Version : 2ohm or 4ohm speaker replacement?

C280Rookie
07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
What's up guys?
I need your guidance. I did a search and read a few topics about speaker upgrades. And now I would like some recommendations.
I have a Bose system, which I believe means my stock spekers are 2ohm impedance, right?
If so, which is the simplest (and cheapest) replacement speakers I can possibly get?
I was browsing Crutchfield.com and found that Infinity Kappas are the only ones with a 2ohm impedance.
Should I just get these and swap them with my stock door ones?
Or do I just get the 4ohm ones?
Also, any other brands to look for with a 2ohm rating?
Thanks for all the help.

:)

davis449
07-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Honestly, aftermarket head unit + stock Bose + good subwoofer in the trunk = pretty damn good system IMO.

harryt
07-08-2006, 07:02 PM
I have to agree... just leave the boss speakers but change ur deck. Add in 2 subz in the trunk... sweeetest system you can get :D

C280Rookie
07-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Thanks guys.
I'm sorry, I failed to mention, I do have an Alpine HU, with the Ipod interface.
I am just interested in replacing my stock speakers. Will this improve the sound? At times, I feel that the stock speakers are too loud, and not clear-sounding.
If I have to replace my stock speakers, do I need to rewire them direct to the HU, or can I just replace speakers using the present wiring? 2ohm or 4ohm?
:confused: