PDA

View Full Version : So I bought new wheels...

OCKlasse
07-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I just ordered them a few days ago, hopefully they will arrive soon. They are Club Linea Barlettas 19 x 8.5 ET43 19 x 9.5 ET38 (225/35 255/30 Dunlop SP Sports). Most of you must think I am crazy, especially at the height I am at (about a 2.5-2.75 inch drop), but I will make them work (hopefully with minimal rubbing). The tires will look a little stretched, but hell, with staggered 19s, the can should hopefully look :beard: For those of you who loved my SLK wheels, my dad bought a CL55, so I have been left the past few weeks with no wheels, but luckily I saved up enough in case of emergency :bunny:

http://mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57594&stc=1&d=1123053135

Here are some on a W203

http://mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59585&stc=1&d=1125362980

1995c280
07-08-2006, 10:33 AM
well after seeing those awesome slk55 wheels on your ride with cut lowering springs and that kinda drop, we all know by now you can make any wheel fit on these cars. hope everything works out!

p.s. the slk wheels were some of the sickest wheels i've ever seen on a 202 though, LOL!

Jason

c55m8o
07-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Very kewl. Looking forward to seeing them. Thinking about them for my R107.

I've seen them @ Discount Tire Direct and always wondered about what they weigh. I'm hoping you have a scale @ home. Could you do me a favor and throw one on the scale and let me know? Thanx very much. Again, nice catch. Looking forward to seeing it. Should look great.

OCKlasse
07-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by c55m8o
Very kewl. Looking forward to seeing them. Thinking about them for my R107.

I've seen them @ Discount Tire Direct and always wondered about what they weigh. I'm hoping you have a scale @ home. Could you do me a favor and throw one on the scale and let me know? Thanx very much. Again, nice catch. Looking forward to seeing it. Should look great.

yeah I will be sure to do that for you....did you want the fronts or rears weighed? I am sure these weigh way too damn much. On the plus, I am going to have to drive extra careful with these, maybe the super-sluggish acceleration will keep me at bay with these wheels :p

rollinrealbig
07-08-2006, 04:21 PM
wow another set of nice ones!

c55m8o
07-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
yeah I will be sure to do that for you....did you want the fronts or rears weighed? Now that you mention it, it would be interesting to know both. Two equations, two unknowns, and as the centers are the same for both it reduces out... so then I can apply the weights to a simple algebraic equation to figure out how many lbs are wrapped up in the center hubs/spokes and how many lbs are wrapped up in the cylinders/drums; as you know the difference in the two areas of the fronts and rears, wights of the center are the same, so the difference in weigh is exacly the weight of the 1" add'l width of the drums. From that you can surmise the weight of the entire drums for the two sizes, then you can figure out the centers. But one or the other is OK too. Thanx much.

ryhi
07-09-2006, 12:49 AM
didnt someone on here have those?

jnolte
07-09-2006, 01:54 AM
joesc280 had them

let me guess you bought them from ebay, and the auction had that w203 pic on it

OCKlasse
07-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
joesc280 had them

let me guess you bought them from ebay, and the auction had that w203 pic on it

nope, I actually found that pic on MBWorld

OCKlasse
07-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by c55m8o
Now that you mention it, it would be interesting to know both. Two equations, two unknowns, and as the centers are the same for both it reduces out... so then I can apply the weights to a simple algebraic equation to figure out how many lbs are wrapped up in the center hubs/spokes and how many lbs are wrapped up in the cylinders/drums; as you know the difference in the two areas of the fronts and rears, wights of the center are the same, so the difference in weigh is exacly the weight of the 1" add'l width of the drums. From that you can surmise the weight of the entire drums for the two sizes, then you can figure out the centers. But one or the other is OK too. Thanx much.

Hey sorry but I just remembered today that the wheels are coming to my house MOUNTED AND BALANCED. I know this would completely throw off your needs, but tell me if you would wish for me to weigh them anyway. Regards :bunny:

c55m8o
07-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
Hey sorry but I just remembered today that the wheels are coming to my house MOUNTED AND BALANCED. I know this would completely throw off your needs, but tell me if you would wish for me to weigh them anyway. Regards :bunny: Lol ... I think the Dunlop weight is published @ tirerack so I could just subtract that. You could if you want to but you don't have to on my account if it's a hassle. Thanx.

SLAMMED_C
07-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Nice, those should look interesting on a 202.. cant wait to see them. too bad you got rid of the SLK55.. those were some sweet rims!
but these 19's look nice.