PDA

View Full Version : Speedy benz pics of strut bar

nokia8860
08-02-2003, 04:28 PM
I know youve been asking for better pics of it and since I was out changing the headlights I took some for ya.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album07/strut_bar.sized.jpg

I dont think it will fit your 202 as we tried this bar on a c43 once and the brake booster and throttle cables get in the way.

But anyhoo here are the pics, just sorry it took me forever to actually get them too ya.

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album07/strut_bolt.sized.jpg

This is how its bolted to the car. For ease of installation i've used nutserts. Also I have the rear bar as well. If youre interested in that one contact JRE320 for them.

C280 JR
08-03-2003, 06:23 AM
that is really nice, what brand is that, i cannot make it out

Elvir

Dr. ///AMG
08-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by C280 JR
that is really nice, what brand is that, i cannot make it out

Elvir

Weichers Sport (sp?).

I got the same one on my W124.

speedybenz
08-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Nokia,

CAn you please show me the rear bar. I would like to see how and where it mounts up.

Please Oh please.

Jeff.

Oh can you shoot a pic of the drivers side mount area a little more. Also where the throttle is and other stuff in close proximity to the mounting area.

Denlasoul
08-04-2003, 07:26 AM
The rear will mount in between the rear wheel wells. I believe if you pull off the trunkliner you will see the mounting points.

nokia8860
08-04-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
The rear will mount in between the rear wheel wells. I believe if you pull off the trunkliner you will see the mounting points.

It does indeed just mount between the rear wheel wells (wow thats a mouth full :p ) However there are no mounts. Just like the fronts you have to drill holes for the bolts or nutserts.

So far I've done my car as well as kameraguys car and I think I'll be putting on brabus rear bar fairly soon.

kameraguy did point out that the rear bar did stiffen up the chassis a bit where he could notice it. I still however, even with both f/r have noticed little gain. But overall cool factor is there :bunny:

Ok speedy, I'll make sure when I get home to take the other pics. :bandit:

kameraguy
08-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Yea, I did notice my rear seems more solid in turns. The car feels "snappier" in sharp turns...does that make sense?

Before the strut bar, my rear felt like it dragged in turns, but now when i take a turn the car feels a bit more solid, and the way the rears break loose seem to be more consistent.

Then again, maybe that's just me trying to justify having the thing :p

If anything, it sure does look cool! Thanks Joey!!

speedybenz
08-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Kameraguy,

In your sig, "Free means Free".

When I was racing we would get get free products from race sponsers and sometimes it was just crap.

So we came up with this: " Free shit is still Shit"

Sometimes we would get stuff so bad that we could not even use it. Like this trick looking Ti exhaust retailed for like $1400, but made 10Hp less on the dyno. It was Shit. We sold it to a squid.

Jeff

kameraguy
08-04-2003, 09:11 AM
LOL! Damn, tht sucks Jeff. Why the heck would anyone bother making a product to produce WORSE performance?! And if so, why give it to people so they can confirm it sucks and spread the word :p

I used to get free camera stuff when I was shooting for the local papers. Free film, free clothes, free camera accessories. And yup, same thing too. Some stuff sucked. But I figure, eh since it's free I can't really complain. I'll just try it out and if it's good I might actually buy it, but if not then at least I know and can tell my friends.

Either way, i sure do miss getting stuff for free :(

Brabus
08-04-2003, 09:28 AM
Hey Jeff,

I have an extra rear bar if you need one. Let me know. I'll sell it at the same price I got it. Brand new still in bag.

nokia8860
08-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Brabus
Hey Jeff,

I have an extra rear bar if you need one. Let me know. I'll sell it at the same price I got it. Brand new still in bag.

hahahah ok i guess im not installing it on your car then :bandit:

kameraguy
08-04-2003, 10:05 AM
It's because of all that damn ICE Jeremy has in his trunk....how do you say....Junk in DA Trunk?? oh wait, that means something else.....

nokia8860
08-08-2003, 08:47 AM
http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album07/rear.sized.jpg

Sorry for not pulling down the carpet. I took the picture at lunch. The ends look like... |- and the | part is bolted to the wheel well

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album07/drv_side.sized.jpg

Drivers side of the front bar. Its a tight fit but there is clearance.

The lower right side (overexposed side) is the other bolts. Sorry about the overexposure.

speedybenz
08-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Nokia,

Thanks forthe pics, but can you take one with the carpet out of the way.

Aren't I a pain in the ass.

Jeff

nokia8860
08-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by speedybenz

Aren't I a pain in the ass.

Jeff

hahahah yes you are! j/k. Ill make sure to snap some pictures of kameraguys bar next weekend when I install his shocks.

MBATF
08-08-2003, 09:36 AM
how much ar ethose strut bars for F/R???

And thsi one is off teh topic...who can install bushings for cheap? cuz i gotta replace mine... and i m kinda broke....

JDoggery
11-25-2003, 06:37 PM
And thsi one is off teh topic...who can install bushings for cheap? cuz i gotta replace mine... and i m kinda broke....

did you find someone/ place?