PDA

View Full Version : Weird Noise

EveryDayHustlin
07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey, guys I was wondering if anyone knew what this strange <Dooo Waaap> almost like a rain drop noise after I fill my gas tank or stop at a red light idling. My car doesnt seem to be performing badly or anything to be wrong with it but it was just a weird noise and kinda alerted me to wondering if a part is on the way out or i'm just being too paranoid.

Thanks in advance -Matt.

P.S. Also seems to be an odd sulfurish smell comming from the exhaust.

therock2689
07-13-2006, 06:05 PM
maybe bad gas. Had it been a while since you drove the car? If its after you fill the tank or when you idleing, maybe a fuel pump. i dont know to well but that might be my guess. If all else fails, head to the stealership and they might be able to get somehting of it. Before that, head to your local auto parts and ask for a OBD2 reading, normaly free.
Good luck and i hope everything works out for you.

jnolte
07-13-2006, 06:36 PM
that sulfur smell or "rotton eggs" is usually a sign of a bad catalytic converter

EveryDayHustlin
07-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah thats the smell, thanks nolte for the info i'll see if I can get Steve to check that out for me when hes free. As for driving it I drive it everyday and the gas I use is always premium 92 octane or whatnot I always use the chevron near my work and am very religious about it, always a full tank. The noise is so weird to me I cant describe it well enough its just a must hear for yourself kinda thing, like I said tho car runs fine no problems just weird.

Thanks for the help and info guys hopefully some other people can shed some more light.

jnolte
07-14-2006, 10:21 AM
just go to a local muffler shop, they can tell you if the cats bad easy