Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luminics Lo-beams ?

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by sacc230
    so will they fit the benz?
    no.

H3 will fit the fog lights from what i read.
    1997 C280 Sport

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by 97C28O
    H3 will fit the fog lights from what i read.
    they wont ... my 97' C230 uses H1's in the Hibeam and fogs., then H7 in the lobeams. and I dnt have bumper fog lights so I dnt know anything about that. check your car to be sure, go look at the bulbs it will say.

found mine when I got home from work today. they were in in 5 min, except in my carelessness, i snapped off one of the levellers, which i'm assuming isn't vital anyway. I'll try to have pics later tonight since i'm leaving town tomorrow.

rollinrealbig
    Kool! snap a pic Ultra Violet vs. Stock if you can please!

no dice. the lights are in, they work, but the beam pattern is fucked, and i am getting the light warning in the instrument cluster. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but i'm going to go back and reinstall to see if it fixes it. any ideas anyone? I may have to post a new thread, because i'm not sure how many people read this.

Well, I received my lights today. I'm going to put them in when it gets dark and I'll post some pics if I can.
    1997 C280 Sport

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
    no dice. the lights are in, they work, but the beam pattern is fucked, and i am getting the light warning in the instrument cluster. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but i'm going to go back and reinstall to see if it fixes it. any ideas anyone? I may have to post a new thread, because i'm not sure how many people read this.
    I dnt know how you can possibly install H7;s the wrong way??

maybe they didnt clip in and the bulbs are slanted because you have them upside-down ?

97C280 ... wiating on your pix

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    maybe they didnt clip in and the bulbs are slanted because you have them upside-down ?
    close. the bulb was in the right way, but the clip itself was loose at the bottom, which caused the bulb to bounce around and get stuck crooked. fixed now, and i left the key in the on position for two minutes, then started the car, and boom, no "light out" indicator. unfortunately, all of our digicams are out of juice and i can't take any shots until I'm back next sunday, but i'll be sure to provide a full display, hopefully including the jdm yellow h1 fogs.

well, i guess i will do it 2m. I took a look at it and tried to take out the stock bulb but DAMN i had some trouble. I just took a quick look. I will look it over 2m. sorry

And to take off the clip do I squeeze the bottom or pull that tab at the top? I wasn't sure and dont want to break anything.

What are Krypton bulbs I see that Luminics have made? What are the differences?

***Edit: Did anyone get a free LED light?***
    1997 C280 Sport

different kelvin temperature, different colour, I think.

rollinrealbig
    so no go tonight ? I didnt have issues installing them like you guys did. nope no free LED for me - i got em on ebay for the FB.

i didn't get a free LED either. NO, no pics, and it wasn't so much an issue as an oversight on my part. i clipped it in without checking to see if it was secure, so it was my fault. so was breaking the leveller off. otherwise, it's a really straightforward job.

rollinrealbig
    ok will somebody post pix anytime soon???

Tonight!
    1997 C280 Sport

PICTURES ARE UP!

Stock vs. Luminics Ultra White

Luminics Ultra White 5,150K

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    only thing I dont like ... they are not bright, say im driving in the middle of the night through a dark street - I either pop the fogs on or Hi-beams.

other then that I got used to it that way.
    I agree on that... They aren't very bright, but they light up the road. Unlike some , you don't even see the light on the ground. These do and shown in the above pics.. the range matches up with the stocks.

Overall I think they're worth it. And they're cheaper than my Sylvania SilverStars on my Honda Odyssey.
    1997 C280 Sport

rollinrealbig
    nice ... is that Ultra white or Ultra Violet in the very last pic ??

They're Ultra Whites from a distance.
    1997 C280 Sport

oumf! I think that the only way to get there are the xenons... Nothing ever is that good. looks good but its not bright enough.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

Originally posted by NEA-4311
    oumf! I think that the only way to get there are the xenons... Nothing ever is that good. looks good but its not bright enough.
    Thats why we have city lights j/k Yea.. They arent bright enough. But it's cool, its not very dark here.
    1997 C280 Sport

rollinrealbig
    they arnt as bright but better looking then OEM.

that last picture looks more like Ultra Violet to me LoL

Since i would like my low beams to match, which bulb should i get for my 97 C280? H3's?

rollinrealbig
    H1's I belive, my 97' c230 has H1's NOT H3's!!

I have a set of H3s for sale because they dont fit my w202.

Oops. I didnt mean low beams. I meant my fogs. So my fog bulbs that are incorporated into the headlights are H1's?

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by taimyshukah
    Oops. I didnt mean low beams. I meant my fogs. So my fog bulbs that are incorporated into the headlights are H1's?
    as far as I know yes they are H1's. my car is a 97' if that helps, but id check to be exactly sure.

it only takes 2 seconds to read the fine print on your headlight lens LoL