Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ...Custom Intake Manifold beginning PICS...

Originally posted by spm 16v benz
    Are you going to run it up to 1 bar or 14psi once it is running again or not? would the stock internals take 14psi of boost??
    Yes the new setup should see upwards of 1 bar if we are to clear the goals in mind

Im not sure what the stock engine will take,maybe you should drop one in with a custom ECU and see?.

In a few months i should be able to say what a stock head gasket will take
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Yer thats what I plan on doing hopefully I should start that project in the next few months, I am just finishing off my other project now. It is a complete engine rebuild of a 2.5 16v cosworth engine.

Originally posted by 23K
    Yes the new setup should see upwards of 1 bar if we are to clear the goals in mind

Im not sure what the stock engine will take,maybe you should drop one in with a custom ECU and see?.

In a few months i should be able to say what a stock head gasket will take

Originally posted by spm 16v benz
    Yer thats what I plan on doing hopefully I should start that project in the next few months, I am just finishing off my other project now. It is a complete engine rebuild of a 2.5 16v cosworth engine.

Nice build!,look forward to see'n how you go!

paul-
    as 2 ur comment in cardomain, the flwheel setup is going good! man i can light the tires up and step it out reasonably easily with a quick blip of the throttle or a light clutch tap, so responsive
    but my new rear main seal is leaking like a siv, the bastard

why are you not going to change the headgasget at this time when your building your engine? do you think the standard one in your engine is pritty robust?
    -Logan-

Originally posted by c280nz
    paul-
    as 2 ur comment in cardomain, the flwheel setup is going good! man i can light the tires up and step it out reasonably easily with a quick blip of the throttle or a light clutch tap, so responsive
    but my new rear main seal is leaking like a siv, the bastard

why are you not going to change the headgasget at this time when your building your engine? do you think the standard one in your engine is pritty robust?
    Nice!,just need that lsd now huh!
    Yer those damn diff seals are pretty common!

I have replaced the head gasket with another OEM item because many said it would be fine for the goals in mind...but theres always that uncertainty given not many modify this engine the way we have so i would like to see how well it holds up....its really not a biggy if we have to take the head off for a custom one.
    also at the end of the day i would rather test OEM parts before replaceing them( dont mention pistons=) ),because some OEM parts are very well made!(like the pistons )

yea give the oem stuff a good test with 300hp+ you will :-)
    nah the seal thats leaking is the rear main crank seal on the back of the engine which is a real bastard to change as you have to remove gearbox etc.
    if you have to take the head off again remember to mark the cam chain tho
    -Logan-

Originally posted by c280nz
    yea give the oem stuff a good test with 300hp+ you will :-)
    nah the seal thats leaking is the rear main crank seal on the back of the engine which is a real bastard to change as you have to remove gearbox etc.
    if you have to take the head off again remember to mark the cam chain tho
    Oh damn yeh thats a pain lol!!!,did you not see it when you did the flywheel?

hahaha YES....i will definately remember to do it!!,it will be me doin the work next time i think!!!