Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rollins' Custom projectors and Angel Eyes

rollinrealbig
    more progress, these are the white LED's. havnt put in the other angel ring yet ... ill have it in very soon!

also added those Orange strobes inside the Hi-beam area, those are hooked up to be on during daylight also.

Enjoy .

rollin

hey men those headlight are coming out graet !! so i got hyped and try to mold the lens also,i tryid it like the link that frechi gave but it did not work ,the plexi would not stretch enough so i gave that up then i tryid it by putting the lens in the oven with the plexi on top it molded nice but the plexi kind a got some spots you guys know something about this
    its not the whit spot ist transparent
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

rollinrealbig
    The air bubbles ?? Yea ive had that happen to me ... I dont know why it happens but mine did that around the edges, you cant even see it from the outside though. I dont really know how esle to help you out about that ... maybe thinner Plexiglass so it stretches over with less heat ?

no its not the air bubbles its kind a like a clearcoat that is pealing btw i used the 3mm plexi and it says that it is anti yellowing did you use something like that or just a regular plexi? il take pics and post them so you can see what im talking about.
    thank for the reply

rollinrealbig
    yea I used similar plexi.

mine had protecter film on both sides maybe you forgot to remove the protecter films ?? ... ?

na men, i removed the protecter cover i tryd it again but now with a lower temp setting the stains are not apearing anymore but the plexy is hard to mold on the edges how did you manage that??

rollinrealbig
    I dont know ... I didnt have any trouble besides the air bubbles but I managed to get past that .

ok ill try tomorow again
    its kind a hard but it will be done!

rollinrealbig
    its worth it too!

how much are you paying for a sheet of plexi ?? and what demensions ??

im paying 50 florins witch is about 30 us dollers for a piece 4 by 4 feet long, here in aruba everyting is a bit more expensive im going to try it again later but with a larger piece hopefully that way it will strech a lil more on the edges. so wish me luck!!

rollinrealbig
    best of luck!