Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rollins' Custom projectors and Angel Eyes

rollinrealbig
    if I put smaller ones into the high beam place I will swap it and use that as a lo-beam and the bigger projectors as the Hi-beam.

rollinrealbig
    After so long its finally 98% finished! just have to get my angel eyes put in later.

Yup those are Crystal clear lenses!

yes I know I need those silver corner bulbs!!

Very nice work..

I commend your effort!

rollinrealbig
    Thanks! Angel eyes comming REAL soon!

i am gonna enjoy it know before the angel eyes hit in, since i really hate that mod, but i am dying to see it on those lights, because they are simply gorgeous...love the crystal projectors
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

You should think about somehow filling in or covering that big void by the projector. other then that, i like it, the eyes will look good.
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

rollinrealbig
    Thanks! yea I will plan filling around the projector next. as you can see Im a very slow modder so yea. haha

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    Thanks! yea I will plan filling around the projector next. as you can see Im a very slow modder so yea. haha
    It looks insanly sick though. Once you fill it in, it will look real clean. I cant remember, but ur using white leds in teh eyes right.
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    custom a-pillar pod

rollinrealbig
    yea im using white LED's, but I will also try to see what Aqua would look like.

I do plan on filling that in, maybe ill give it more thought while I remove the lens agian ... Thanks.

rollinrealbig
    I have a question for you guys,

my lenses are plexiglass, I dnt want them to fade (even though I can get replacements easy and cheap) I am thinking of buying film to cover them and prtect from fading/rock chips.

question - what color film ?? there is smoked, light blue, clear and yellow!

I am thinking yellow for the hi-beam part ??

make it look sorta like those Old 300SD. ?? what do you think ??

Where did you get the clear lense? I thought you had the stock ones. Did you get an new headlight assembly? Nice mod, can't wait to see the angel eyes.
    1997 C280 Sport

I would say clear. Where did you get teh plexi lens, i have been looking for something like that???
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    custom a-pillar pod

rollinrealbig
    plexi-glass lenes I made myself. very very easy and cost $25

I bought 3mm plexiglass put it on top of my stock lenses and put it in the oven - it melted and formed my OEM shape. installation is same, the clips dont hold it on, but something else does so it stays in place and ive tried slapping the lens while the hood was closed - wouldnt budge. I drove around today, bumpy roads + the way I drive, they wouldnt move.

so its still my stock headlights. no I didnt buy any other headlights. the thing that pushed me into doing this is I got in a little hissy-fit, and my glass lenses where kicked out. tomarrow is my driving test for my lisence > dont think it would look good if I rolled up with no headlight lenses. I made these really quick. they turned out nice.

they are just so clear, i love it, i just might do that. At what temp did you put it in and for how long???
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    custom a-pillar pod

rollinrealbig
    350. but ... you cant just toss it in and let it do everything, when you see bubbles forming around the edges you have to take it out - cool it down a few seconds while its still hot you sorta forn its shape with your hands. then put it back in and do this a few times. after your done you cut off the edges with bubbles since the sheet of plexiglass is something like 12" X 24" ive screwed up one sheet of plxg. like that.

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    350. but ... you cant just toss it in and let it do everything, when you see bubbles forming around the edges you have to take it out - cool it down a few seconds while its still hot you sorta forn its shape with your hands. then put it back in and do this a few times. after your done you cut off the edges with bubbles since the sheet of plexiglass is something like 12" X 24" ive screwed up one sheet of plxg. like that.
    Thanks, you think with 2 or 3 ppl, you can get it done in a shot or 2. And do you put it on like a cookie sheet or just chuck it in there.

Rock
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    custom a-pillar pod

rollinrealbig
    I did it all myself. no you put your OEM lens on the rack and set the Pglass right on top - it will start to bend and form by the time your oven preheats!

IMPORTANT!!! make sure you put everything in the oven THEN start pre-heating it, that way the OEM glass lens wont crack. I dnt know if theres a chance it may or may not but I just did it that way.

anyway, no Angel eyes for now, my dremel tool ran out of cut-off wheels and I wont have time to do much until next week. ill update you guys on that later.

absolutely beautiful rollin!
    big respect from me for the look and the fact you made those clear lenses yourself, that is some nice diy moding!
    -Logan-

rollinrealbig
    yep! I get alot of 202's on the road checkin out my mods haha even though they dont appear to be tuners they just checking out my car.

I can't see any pics you've posted Rollin' ......

Can you check this please ?

Thx,

Regards,

Frenchy.

rollinrealbig
    they work for me! just PM me your email ill be happy to send em to you.

Originally posted by Frenchy
    I can't see any pics you've posted Rollin' ......

Can you check this please ?

Thx,

Regards,

Frenchy.
    im guessing its u, cause they work in my mac and pc
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Hi,

They work for me too now

Since i'm in France, maybe the server was in maintenance (by night) when i tried to see them

Nice Job man, but how do you fix the Proj. ? From wich car is this Proj. ?

Regards,

Frenchy.

rollinrealbig
    I mounted the projector by cutting out a bigger hole so it sits in it, then Cold weld around it, its on there like a rock!

I pulled out the projector from Lexus GX470.