Thread: 99 C230k Chrome rim - OEM?

99 C230k Chrome rim - OEM?

Does anyone know if those rims came in chrome?

I have a 99 C230k with the same rim, only chrome.

I had an incident recently with an automatic exit gate and it's inexplicable need to close on my car. It managed to scratch some of the chrome off the edge in a spot, and since it wasn't damaged before, I'm having the body shop replace it (along with the front bumper and driver-side fender).

They aren't having any luck finding it, and my insurance company says it wasn't a standard option.

My searches over the web came up with a few results, but nothing certain since I don't have any part #'s to verify against.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had some info on these.

Thanks.

those look like the stock "sport" rims......errr. i guess you could have a 230k sport

anyhow i have never seen them in chrome, however the s-class has very similar rims that i believe come in chrome....lemme find a pic

eh, they're 7 spoke tho, so they are different

best bet is have insurance pay to have it stripped and re-chromed at a wheel repair shop

ive seen them in chrome.

Originally posted by rman
    those look like the stock "sport" rims......errr. i guess you could have a 230k sport

anyhow i have never seen them in chrome, however the s-class has very similar rims that i believe come in chrome....lemme find a pic

eh, they're 7 spoke tho, so they are different

best bet is have insurance pay to have it stripped and re-chromed at a wheel repair shop
    Yes, it is a sport model.

The shop suggested re-chroming as well. They said they'd have to ship it to Cali to get it done though. Apparently there are no good chrome shops in Vegas.

i would be surprised if the insurance company is willing to pay for chrome plating if it wasn't an oem option on those wheels. i would almost have to say there is a good tripple-plate chrome finisher in vegas, with all the custom dubs you see on the strip