Thread: C200K-C230K List your aftermarket exaust tips

C200K-C230K List your aftermarket exaust tips

C2OO C23O KOMPRESSOR

Kompressor engines are really strange when it comes to exaust tuning (like most supercharged engines). If you install a customized or an improper exaust part, even from a known brand, you may even lose HP if not stay the same.

By listing your exaust tip's brand and model if possible, you will help me/us have a clearer picture of what to buy and have a result. Advices are also welcomed. Thanks..!
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

exhaust TIPS will have no impact on the performance of the car. exhaust systems or back boxes will.

You're right otherwise. I tend to think that most aftermarket companies will have found the balance that allows for optimum power gain.

i think most performance brands would not say this exahust is compatible with a kompressor engine unless it is...plus its not the tip (metal part) ur looking for
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

cut him some slack, english is his second language. lol

i think what the greek merc is really getting at is cat-back systems since he mostly refers to backpreassure and how its optimized for forced induction applications.

to date, i've heard very solid opinions from a person that has owned all of the name-brand exhausts available. the eisenmann and wald seem to be the best two so far in terms of tone, look and finish, and performance.

supersprint and remus/seabring are comparable to quality with the OEM and are mostly for the look and tone (dont expect performance gains) unless you swap the cats and header as well.

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    cut him some slack, english is his second language. lol
    I wasn't busting his balls, rather clarifying

Hey no hard feelings, and yes I meant the backbox, sorry about that. Im not good with the technical terms, they havent teached us those in school or uni in London.

Anyway you re saying that remus, supersprint and sebring wont give me any additional (even 1-2) hp? :hmmm: thats alright, Im not interested in gaining power, Im mostly interested in looks, but I dont want to LOSE power, thatswhy Im asking. What about the noise? Which is the less noisy one? Im afraid that AMG, WALD, BRABUS, etc will be way more expensive than the rest, isnt that true? And I dont think I can find any of those apart from BRABUS maybe. So what do you have on? Also pls comments. Thanks again.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC