Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JE piston PICS....

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    I dnt get why they even bother putting a redline.
    i'd suggest you do some mo reading.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by Renn 208
    i'd suggest you do some mo reading.
    naw, ill pass

cardomains down hence no pics...even though i still see them.
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

ignorance is bliss
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Originally posted by Renn 208
    ignorance is bliss
    no, it's a pest to the rest of us

bump... where are the updates? c'mon... I need a reason to come to this site!!!
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

Sorry man wish i had good news for an update hence why i havent done it!...
    when we got the pistons a few weeks back i rushed them over to the rebuilders for installation the following day....it turns out the Gapless topseal ring was too tight in the ring land...and after nearly two weeks of e-mails and phone calls between topend performance and JE pistons it turns out the rings i have are a very expensive set,as they didnt have the cheaper ones in stock that were supposed to be used...So the pistons where made to suit the rings....the outcome as of last week is JE is making a brand new set of pistons and shipping them to me at no extra charge....

What this means i have two sets of forged pistons,and with .002" removed from the top ring land should be good for a spare set if i ever need them,however thats hope i dont!

The new ones should be here in the next week or so hopfully... so when its back together i'll have somthing alittle more positive to report!...

rollinrealbig
    Damn now I know im NEVER going to try doing what you did to the M111, sooo many issues w.custom parts!!
    I sure hope eveything works out man!!

worst case scenario paul, i buy your 2nd set of pistons

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    HA HA I like that worst case scenario
    *STATUS*

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    Damn now I know im NEVER going to try doing what you did to the M111, sooo many issues w.custom parts!!
    I sure hope eveything works out man!!
    lol yeh its been alittle more rough than expected...all i can do is dream of the day it all works and produces the desired performance as theres still plenty of uncertanties...today i recieved my book on how to build ignition systems...because the OEM ECU had the ignition modules intergrated,unlike most Aftermarket/OEM ECU's my MoTeC ecu needs seperate ignition modules that may not be compatable with the stock coils...so maybe i'll be going with four single coils and new ignition leads...will know shortly after alittle more reading etc...like the whole project just another hurdle in the road...will get there though!,thanks man...

hahaha is that another turbo 202 on the horizon?

the route i would like to go is supercharged and turbo'd. S.C. on the idle-3000rpm range, then clutch it off for the turbo to the 3000-7500rpm range!

Thats a big project man!,with todays Turbo and SC options you should be able to build a good system with either one!...

A correctly sized turbo will be a fun car to drive,and should see good boost well before 3000!...mine does and i picked a larger turbine housing for top end!...you need only to jump in a new VW GTi,EVO,WRX etc to see how a mild street turbo engine can be very entertainting!......ok ok so i guess im alittle bias towards turbo...Everywhere you go people will argue which is better and why...personally i think leave SC for bigger displacement low boost applications....turbo for high boost smaller displacement.

oh and turbo sounds waaaaay better

Originally posted by 23K
    Thats a big project man!,with todays Turbo and SC options you should be able to build a good system with either one!...

A correctly sized turbo will be a fun car to drive,and should see good boost well before 3000!...mine does and i picked a larger turbine housing for top end!...you need only to jump in a new VW GTi,EVO,WRX etc to see how a mild street turbo engine can be very entertainting!......ok ok so i guess im alittle bias towards turbo...Everywhere you go people will argue which is better and why...personally i think leave SC for bigger displacement low boost applications....turbo for high boost smaller displacement.

oh and turbo sounds waaaaay better
    NOBODY will argue that a crispy turbo with BOV doesn't sound phoenominal!

hell, i'd be happy with the poor man's BOV using the custom air intake you sold to ksport. speaking of which, do you still have plans, or are you able to produce another? i would really like to buy the design that you had, and vent off to get that BOV "pshhhhh" sound like you and slammed_c used to have!

hell, i'd be happy with the poor man's BOV using the custom air intake you sold to ksport. speaking of which, do you still have plans, or are you able to produce another? i would really like to buy the design that you had, and vent off to get that BOV "pshhhhh" sound like you and slammed_c used to have!
    That would be very cool. But then you would have to take it another step and Turbo then U would have 2 nice sound pssshhhh i presume. That would sound sweet
    *STATUS*

Originally posted by STATUS
    That would be very cool. But then you would have to take it another step and Turbo then U would have 2 nice sound pssshhhh i presume. That would sound sweet
    there would be two stages of "pssssshhhh"

there would be the electronic bypass venting to the ambient air, at 3000 rpms and the BOV's pshhhh when you let of the gas and/or shift!

Sorry man it was a one-off...it really needs to be built in house to be a good fit etc!...with alittle bit of patiance and a lot of spare time im sure you could fab one up!!...if you would like the "poor man BOV" you could seperate the Bypass from the side of your air box by using a new piece of pipe,or cut the OEM one back between the bypass and SC discharge,then make a flange for the little filter you will need to attach to it...

yep, that's what i want to do. i seen slammed_c fab'd one up himself, but the guy you've been having do all the aluminum work on makes it show quality and polished. if i'm going to do it, i've gotta have some bling too!

how's the piston progress coming along anyway before we get too offtopic? lol

Yeh helps if you have a decent guy to weld it!...the intake Dev got was ok,however it wasnt done by the guy i use now!
    right yeh ontopic...um hopfully i'll see these pistons today or tomorrow all going well and get this engine back in by this weekend...im so tired of see'n that 4" gap under the front fender lol.

Pistons arrived...took time off work to take straight to builders...Rings fit good...FINALLY its all on...
    crappy phone pic...notice they didnt moly coat the whole piston this time!,also all pistons were two grams lighter than the previous JE set...any gains a good gain lol

paul, i've found your new avatar!

LOL??

Originally posted by 23K
    LOL??
    we can't WAIT for you to bolt it back together.

IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!!

ooh doh...im alittle slow today