Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JE piston PICS....

Yeah, I check this site once in a blue moon these days. I still have a Benz, but it's an E320 4Matic Waggy for the family. My fun car is an Evo... which suits me well.

Anyway, Manley made my custom rods & titanium valve springs.

I did send in a stocker to Venolia, along with the requirements for the slightly larger bore and to use Total Seal rings. They were definitely top notch in construction, way lighter, way beefier, with a custom dish. I am bummed I never got the chance to push that lower end harder before the car caught fire.

I was tuning the ECU with racegas to go to the track the day I caught fire. I can tell you this... it would have at least been into the mid to low 13's. Such a bummer.

Oh well... now I have a car that runs mid 12's.

Good luck with the project.

Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

well i guess the evo would keep you happy!,theres been many times iv almost crossed back over

yeh i remember seeing the pics of the burn out a few years back now...HUGE bummer man...I bought a mini fire extinguisher just before i finish the first turbo install...though iv seen these to be pretty useless at times!...

So manley made the rods too!...interesting,so were the small ends of the new rods the same width as OEM or did you have the pistons custom matched to a wider small end custom rod?....And,how much did they cost?

Thanks,
    Paul
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Unfortunately I don't remember the cost, or the dimensions, because I threw all that info out long ago... and my memory is getting hazy with age. I also think the rods were actually a variant or perhaps even an off the shelf of a chevy application. I do know that they were a wee bit longer than the stockers, but we made up for it in the piston I think. I do think they took a bigger diameter pin than stock. I can tell you that overall, my rod and piston package was waaaaay cheaper than with JE... because we priced with them as well. From what you are going through, I am glad I went the route that I did. What a pain in the a$$! Funny, I seem to remember my builder also cautioning against using JE, as they had delivery problems in the past with them too.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

Dude...where were you 4 months ago when i started the internals....geeeeez

:tired: engineer rang said cant do them now for a few weeks as a big customer has pushed in....even though said they would be done before wednesday...so i guess its back to another workshop...

:rambo:.......:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Edit:couldnt find an emoticon holding a gun so rambo instead lol

:dead:

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
    :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

.....:banana: OK well it seems after untold time off work and a bar of 6061 alloy for $55...the spacer idea is no more....I have just been into a another race engine builder who has told me they once did a volvo engine like this and it didnt work...Piston located rods have a very specific skirt design which allows this setup to function correctly,the other option was to have custom rods made that locate on the crank...but the crank doesnt have saficient wall depth to take this...

so on a bit of a downer today...

Anyways the show will go on...and i will get there.

oh yeh and he recommended we put the OEM pistons back in...he liked the design...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL thats not the first time iv been told that.....and even my father told me that.

Hey Jason....can you tell if your setup still used a Piston located rod???this is very important for the next step i take...which may have to be custom rods and pistons!...

Update...It seems theres been a change of heart!...after being in contact today there looking into weather or not they can actually make this piston and hopfully they may make another set that will work!...So every body cross fingers...i need that lucky Sh!t

dammit i got my fingers and my legs crossed i even braided my hair good luck men !!
    some are haters and some are lovers , but me..... i\'m a shiner!!

Originally posted by aruba
    dammit i got my fingers and my legs crossed i even braided my hair good luck men !!

good for u, buddy.

cheers guys ima need it!
    found out yesturday they do have a forging that will suit!..so hopfully things will go my way!