Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick vote on colour...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!!

PAUL KEEP THE MILANOS!

my car is almost finished, i've got the pure white clone of your c230t without the T

ok, not clone, but we've got the exact same rims!

thats some pretty flashy paint!...though its not going to cost me anything to change colours if i have Work paint them!...

see fiddy's car!
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!!

PAUL KEEP THE MILANOS!

my car is almost finished, i've got the pure white clone of your c230t without the T

ok, not clone, but we've got the exact same rims!
    lol i cant do it...must..... ..swap....for.. .... ...lighter rim... .:knocked:

...got pics?

yeah i think a light gun metal or silver!

paul,
    i like the ones u got for now. but i do understand the need for a lighter rim. i am there with ya. mine weighs 30 pounds+ each and it's killing me slowly.
    i like the one c55m8o offered. let it not be too dark, while still keeping a decent contrast between silver and whatever u got.
    my $0.02.

your 0.02 is appreciated
    it looks like its ~dark metallic silver for the colour...which is where i really wanted to go...i think i just needed to cancel out the plan silver idea!...

Woa 30lbs is a heavy rim...my rears are 26lbs and 25lbs front,the new ones are around 19lbs and including the real HP killer-the tyre...the rears are up to around 57lbs each!...hence the thought of going to a narrower tire on the back and front!

Paul

OG Moderator
    well dont break the bank too much dude!! house is more important then a set of wheels!!
    but good on ya for finishing the car before the house buying begins!
    I say stick with a light gunmetal or light black colour for the wheels.. make a nice contrast to the silver of your car.
    I think the bronze colour would work on a blue car bertter then a silver car.. maybe swing it with a black car.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

yeh man house is far more important!...cant wait to get this over with and back on track...iv still got issues with the piston rings...and i just got shafted on the TB...but hopfully the supplier will give me back some of the lost money as he has said
    :long long story:...iv change my attitude towards the automotive performance industry...I see it in a new light...now when somone says it will cost 100,i automaticly give them 300 and say dont worry man i know whats coming....then when i order parts i just pick them blind folded as i know they will send the wrong one regardless...

Anyhow...onto the goodish news,after taking half the day off to attempt to fix the rings problem...i called into Mag&turbo to discuss the possible colours and hopfully pay the deposite...however after an hour of looking through books i still wasnt set on a colour....then i found these...in gunmetal...and i think this is what i want...so ima go with gunmetal.

Paul

rollinrealbig
    Hmm ... id rather have those Milano's refinished, not feeling those rims at all plus the money your spending on em ... my opinion.

Who asked you anyways...jks
    I hear ya,though for me its more about saving weight...though its still got to look awright!

they will look more like these...

you didnt see this did ya...
    Anyhow let me know your comments on colour(colour only!,unless its positive)
    Paul

ahhh man now ima having second thoughts!!!!:Paranoid:

Originally posted by 23K
    yeh man house is far more important!...cant wait to get this over with and back on track...iv still got issues with the piston rings...and i just got shafted on the TB...but hopfully the supplier will give me back some of the lost money as he has said
    :long long story:...iv change my attitude towards the automotive performance industry...I see it in a new light...now when somone says it will cost 100,i automaticly give them 300 and say dont worry man i know whats coming....then when i order parts i just pick them blind folded as i know they will send the wrong one regardless...

Anyhow...onto the goodish news,after taking half the day off to attempt to fix the rings problem...i called into Mag&turbo to discuss the possible colours and hopfully pay the deposite...however after an hour of looking through books i still wasnt set on a colour....then i found these...in gunmetal...and i think this is what i want...so ima go with gunmetal.

Paul
    I'm not gonna lie. those wheels are pretty damned hot. also, I know what you mean about cars. i'm hot and cold about the industry/cost, but if you think about it, cars are the second largest investment you make in your life. to get them exactly the way you want them, it's not going to be cheap (especially for a mercedes!). cheer up, mate! just keep your mind on the projected result.

C55 Charter Member
    Don't have 2nd thoughts. IMHO the gunmetal on a silver car is a lot 'nicer' then black. I don't mean to dis anyone who runs black inners on their rims with silver cars, I just don't like it very much @ all. Aside from the silver car / high polish lip / black centers that aren't to my taste, I think with most black centers you loose the 'shape' of the rim's centers/spokes very often and can't make out the rim. I don't like the "polished lip floating in air" look that results, and is the basis for my opinion.
    Again tho, JMHO ....

Thanks for the input guys,i was tired last night when i posted...after a good night sleep im back on track...just deciding weather to have the front wheels suited to big brakes or the OEM's????...hmmm...the diffeference being a loss of lip and a more curved spoke for bigger brakes...but will i ever do them...im not sure...

Cheers Dev!...

Paul

C55 Charter Member
    I put pix of mine up. Very much like the gunmetal, just no 'superfine flake' that I think gunmetal usually has.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...397#post101397

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K

Paul
    Yes.. house first!!
    what the hell happened with the TB?.. and still piston ring issue.. any word from JE about it?
    Honestly.. I say get the wheels suited for big brakes.. you will seriously need to upgrade them if you are going to be pushing 300hp!!.. you need C32 brakes or something mang.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

--18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
    Yes.. house first!!
    what the hell happened with the TB?.. and still piston ring issue.. any word from JE about it?
    Honestly.. I say get the wheels suited for big brakes.. you will seriously need to upgrade them if you are going to be pushing 300hp!!.. you need C32 brakes or something mang.
    hey mang,
    lol where to start....its some long long storys!...i'll add it to my next reply

today i ordered the wheels!....and i ordered them to clear the C36 brakes!...however there is an interesting twist...I could only get them in +30 front and +29 rear...its going to look alot wider!,we have decided to stretch the 235/35 onto the 9.5 rear and run new 225/35 on the 8.5 front...and if it rubs on the rear which im sure it will i'l take to it with the rubber hammer...
    there should be a 83mm rear lip and a 45mm front...so about the same as i have now on the rear and alittle less on the front due the BBK clearance!...

Paul

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    hey mang,
    lol where to start....its some long long storys!...i'll add it to my next reply

today i ordered the wheels!....and i ordered them to clear the C36 brakes!...however there is an interesting twist...I could only get them in +30 front and +29 rear...its going to look alot wider!,we have decided to stretch the 235/35 onto the 9.5 rear and run new 225/35 on the 8.5 front...and if it rubs on the rear which im sure it will i'l take to it with the rubber hammer...
    there should be a 83mm rear lip and a 45mm front...so about the same as i have now on the rear and alittle less on the front due the BBK clearance!...

Paul
    lol. okay!! Ill wait for the super long reply!
    nice!! NEW WHEELS!!! you got them made to clear C36 brakes??.. C32 you mean?
    wow.. that is gonna be one streatched tire on a 9.5" rim!
    OH.. my KW kit is going to be on its way!! just got the word! he's gonna send it out monday.

lol. okay!! Ill wait for the super long reply!
    nice!! NEW WHEELS!!! you got them made to clear C36 brakes??.. C32 you mean?
    wow.. that is gonna be one streatched tire on a 9.5" rim!
    OH.. my KW kit is going to be on its way!! just got the word! he's gonna send it out monday.
    Actually I got them to clear a 332mm GT brembo Kit just to confuse you more!...so im not sure if they will clear C32?!?!?!
    yip where going to try stretch the 35 profile onto the 9.5!!,it will look pretty stretched for sure!,the books say it should be alright...but we wont know until we try it...it would have been definate with a 40 series...
    Kewl so its almost on the way!!!....get it on!!!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Actually I got them to clear a 332mm GT brembo Kit just to confuse you more!...so im not sure if they will clear C32?!?!?!
    yip where going to try stretch the 35 profile onto the 9.5!!,it will look pretty stretched for sure!,the books say it should be alright...but we wont know until we try it...it would have been definate with a 40 series...
    Kewl so its almost on the way!!!....get it on!!!
    Well yeh that makes sense!! so you got them to clear the Brembo kit huh!!.. well thats a nice kit.. but pricey!
    I would think that the wheels should clear the brembo kit and the C32 kit also.. not 100% sure though.. but the Brembo kit may be larger?
    thats gonna look crazy.. the 235/35 tire will no doubt be able to br steatched onto the 9.5" rim.. but just be careful with hard cornering!!.. dont need to be grazing rims off the road!
    yeh bro.. alsmost on the way!.. gotta get this kit in! I think Im gonna cut the springs 1/2 coil up fornt and 1/4 coil in the rear before I do anything. then I can adjust how I want it to sit.

Well yeh that makes sense!! so you got them to clear the Brembo kit huh!!.. well thats a nice kit.. but pricey!
    I would think that the wheels should clear the brembo kit and the C32 kit also.. not 100% sure though.. but the Brembo kit may be larger?
    thats gonna look crazy.. the 235/35 tire will no doubt be able to br steatched onto the 9.5" rim.. but just be careful with hard cornering!!.. dont need to be grazing rims off the road!
    yeh bro.. alsmost on the way!.. gotta get this kit in! I think Im gonna cut the springs 1/2 coil up fornt and 1/4 coil in the rear before I do anything. then I can adjust how I want it to sit.
    Im not sure if i'll ever end up with the GT kit,but the option is there now i guess,im fairly sure the C32 kit is about the same size!...
    ...those mags also come with light wieght alloy bolts...YUM

HUH...your going to cut the springs???
    doesnt the ajustable platform allow plenty of adjustment?
    i reckon install them as they are and see how they look!,then you'll know what there adjustability is!

Hopfully they'll look similar to these...but not as much front lip

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K
    Im not sure if i'll ever end up with the GT kit,but the option is there now i guess,im fairly sure the C32 kit is about the same size!...

i reckon install them as they are and see how they look!,then you'll know what there adjustability is!
    I seriously recommend you upgrade the brakes if your going to be running anywhere near 300hp on that car when its finlly done. trust me.. you will have serious issues with stopping otherwise.
    I woudnt doubt if the C32 kit is the same size as the brembo kit!!
    lol.. even has light weight bolts!!!
    I think the kw kit lowers 25-75mm.. so Im thinking ahead by cutting the springs slightly!!! you think I should just put them in and see where it sits before I cut?!
    should get the KW kit next week.. fedex says Sept 6!

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by 23K

I seriously recommend you upgrade the brakes if your going to be running anywhere near 300hp on that car when its finlly done. trust me.. you will have serious issues with stopping otherwise.
    I think the kw kit lowers 25-75mm.. so Im thinking ahead by cutting the springs slightly!!! you think I should just put them in and see where it sits before I cut?!

isnt that a step lip in that pic?.. your getting a step lip?

isnt that a step lip in that pic?.. your getting a step lip?
    Yeh its probly worth it huh!,iv been in contact with a local brembo supplier and they gave me the full spec and every dimension possible for the calipers so that we can have minimal clearance,max lip on the front!...
    I think DEFINATLY install the kit as is,wait till it all settles and ajust a few months down the track...i think you will be happy without cutting that flashy new kit!!!

YIP...there step lip....do i sense some negativity here
    Im a bigger fan of step lip than i am reverse,as i have reverse now and i find it too plain for the setup im running...but you know me i havent exactly followed the herd on this car

Nice!another week to go and we'll see this KW kit!