Thread: Avantgarde Grill Insert PN

Avantgarde Grill Insert PN

Seems like I recall many people attesting to the fact that the stock MB grill insert was far superior to the aftermarket offerings. I also recall someone posting that it was just a cut-down insert from a W210 (not sure what model was quoted), so you could save a few bucks by cutting one down yourself. I'm thinking I would be willing to do this.

Does anyone have the part numbers for both the cut down version and uncut version (which I could do myself)?

Have any of you done the do it yourself cutting route?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

i would like to know this as well. also, how much $$?

I would like to know this too. Can anyone help? Thanks.

CKlasse
    Aftermarket one will start chipping on you after 6-9 months. There is no PN for cut W210 as it is just an OEM W210.

Aftermarket one will start chipping on you after 6-9 months. There is no PN for cut W210 as it is just an OEM W210.
    Hmm... your probably right, I just thought I saw something about they put a different number with it after they cut it down.

So do you happen to have the part number for the OEM W210 grill?

Anyone ever cut one themselves? Seems like it would be pretty easy, but what do I know

Jason
    Black C220, HKS Turbo & tons o\' other goodies = 14.3 in 1/4 Mile with time-slips to prove it... now long gone, RIP:-(
    Dyno charts are cool... but trap times are proof. My Evo keeps me happy now.

OEM for C class: B6 688 0127 is an OEM cut down of the W210 Grill partnumber : A 210 888 0123

So its all depends on who wants to cut the grill. I use the Performance products one and fits just right. no cutting etc... and yes if you push on it it doesnt move... dunno why ppl push on my grill for some reason :bandit:
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Originally posted by nokia8860
    OEM for C class: B6 688 0127 is an OEM cut down of the W210 Grill partnumber : A 210 888 0123

So its all depends on who wants to cut the grill. I use the Performance products one and fits just right. no cutting etc... and yes if you push on it it doesnt move... dunno why ppl push on my grill for some reason :bandit:
    maybe becuz after they pushed my and realiz it moves! so they decide to check up on yours?

CKlasse
    Grill moves?!?! uhmmm.... now i am gonna look stupid trying to push my own grill.

Originally posted by nokia8860

so does that mean i could just walk in to my local dealership and place an order for part number B6 688 0127 and get an avantgarde grille fit to bolt up to my w202 in a matter of days? or is it one of those things i would have to order through steve? please let me know, since i will be at the dealership in the next week to order a headlight harness and some door lock pins.

is there a website for performance products? i want to check out some of their stuff (avantegarde grille replica, door sills, etc.).

thanks in advance!

Originally posted by austin
    so does that mean i could just walk in to my local dealership and place an order for part number B6 688 0127 and get an avantgarde grille fit to bolt up to my w202 in a matter of days? or is it one of those things i would have to order through steve? please let me know, since i will be at the dealership in the next week to order a headlight harness and some door lock pins.

is there a website for performance products? i want to check out some of their stuff (avantegarde grille replica, door sills, etc.).

thanks in advance!
    Yes, but don't ask someone to call 911 for you when you find out how much it is. Performanceproducts.com
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by austin
    so does that mean i could just walk in to my local dealership and place an order for part number B6 688 0127 and get an avantgarde grille fit to bolt up to my w202 in a matter of days?
    depends on what dealer you go to. but for discussion sake, yes you can order it at the dealer.

but at a 300 some odd dollar price range you might wanna just call up performance for their 100 dollar one
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Does anyone know the list price for the W210 grille, part number A 210 888 0123?

Thanks.

Originally posted by 95c280
    Does anyone know the list price for the W210 grille, part number A 210 888 0123?

Thanks.
    Retail $64.00 wholesale $51.00 Dealer $38.50
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Thanks for the prices.

I had the Bekkers grille and swicthed to the OEM grille. Huge difference.

Once you order the OEM from MB, it's a special order that can take weeks, mine took 3 weeks to get here. You can't return it if you don't like it or anything.

Expensive as hell..but huge difference in quality compared to bekkers.
    2005 TSX Graphite Pearl Auto With NAVI
    Autostart Autostarter
    Progress Rear Sway Bar
    USDM Bodykit
    USDM Foglights

1997 AMG C36 (RIP Thank God)
    OEM Bosche Clear Corners
    OEM AdvanteGarde Grill
    Bilstein Sport Shocks
    Eibach Springs
    Zender rear lip spoiler
    Speedybenz custom rear camber arms
    W210 mirrors

what model is the updated one like the w210 or the advantage one from performance products?
    what car model and year to get to make sure it has the 4-5 chrome strips and not just another one with only two strips like i currently have
    -Logan-

does anyone have a pic of a w210 grill on the 202...???
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202