Thread: EBC Green & Red Brake pads

EBC Green & Red Brake pads

Anyone experienced this pad? Any feedback as far as quality and durability or whatever you can input about this brake pads...
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

OG Moderator
    No personal experience, but I hear that Green Stuff is hard on the rotors and will likely warp them.

I saw a CLK pull into The Wheel Supply one time with Green Stuff, and his rotors were wasted!

UUmmmmmm..... now you telling me... any suggestion aside from Porterfield? If there's no other then I think I'll just get the same one I got now w/c Porterfield. My current pads lasted for 3 years and it's really worth it. :bored:
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

I know someone who had EBC green on his CLK 320 and it tore up his rotors. I had Porterfields and didn't like them...lost brake feel, didn't brake well, and sqeeked quite a bit. I went back to stock.

Dwang hasn't had problems with his Axxis Metalmasters.
    2006 xB - bubble tea mobile
    1984 AE86 SR5 - project levin
    1986 AE86 GTS - project trueno

OG Moderator
    I liked Axxis Metal Masters when I used them - great pad!

Who's sellin them? Where's the best deal? I want something that would match with cross drilled rotors.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by Luwin1026
    If you aint using no more than what are u abusing Luwin?-MOE
    98 c43(mine) lots of goodies
    97 c280sport(hers)17 monos only

Originally posted by Luwin1026
    Hey Jun, i have a set of Axxi Metal master pads for the rear, 2 Pins, for sale $30, want them? i will delievr it to u too.

Originally posted by MBATF
    Hey Jun, i have a set of Axxi Metal master pads for the rear, 2 Pins, for sale $30, want them? i will delievr it to u too.
    $30!!! you kidding me.... it only cost like $22.00.......
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Originally posted by JRE320
    $30!!! you kidding me.... it only cost like $22.00.......
    WHAT!!!!??????? i got riped off then.... well, $20 it is!?.

Ummmmm. now question is can I use Porterfield for the front and metal axxis for the rear?
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

Ummmmm. now question is can I use Porterfield for the front and metal axxis for the rear?
    i have Axxis in the front and OEM in teh rear

OG Moderator
    Originally posted by moedigga
    If you aint using no more than what are u abusing Luwin?-MOE

MOE -

I was using the Axxis with cross-drilled rotors before I upgraded to the AP-Racing 6-piston 14" kit. I then had Porterfield make me a custom set of R4S pads for the kit.

-Lu

Wher can you buy the axxiss pads?

Also I would like to find a cross drilled or slotted rotor for the rear of my c43. Anyone know where I can go to buy them?

Thanks,

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

IMO, big brake or OEM.

OEM for the rear.

Jeff
    1999 C43 Obsidian Black; Penske Remote Adjustable Shocks; Adjustable Spring Perches; SSR Comp Wheels, 9.5 & 9.5x17\"; Custom 31.75mm front & 19mm rear swaybar; Ported Manifold; Limited Slip Differential, Headers and race Cats, Other Stuff

Originally posted by speedybenz
    Wher can you buy the axxiss pads?

Also I would like to find a cross drilled or slotted rotor for the rear of my c43. Anyone know where I can go to buy them?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Are you looking for big brake Kit? or just OEM size slotted/Cross drill?

they sale them at www.tirerack.com

and i can probbly get you the Axxis Metal master pads from the the shop i know. if you want will give them a call for pricing, let me no. and shipping charge

Yes, please call your shop. It is hard to find pads for the c43 cause it uses the same brakes as the AMG E55.

Jeff

Originally posted by speedybenz
    Yes, please call your shop. It is hard to find pads for the c43 cause it uses the same brakes as the AMG E55.

Jeff
    DUDE....$125 for teh front, and $65 for the rear....thast kinda expensive....i wonder if the price are corret...i m jonna call more shop today i will inform u with teh prices.

Do u have 2 pins or one?
    try www.Irotors.com give them a call the girl who pick up the phone sounds very cute (thats owners gf) but somtime the mom dose pick up teh phone i think.

Also try here.
    Cuz actully the people from www.irotors.com are sometiems don't really know what they r doing and they couldn't find the one pin Axiss for my C280
    but since ur car is C43 it might be defferent case.

http://www.coximport.com/axxis/

http://www.genxmuscle.com/axxis/apps.html

but IMO sinc eu have AMG brakes already, u might as well go for the OEM pads, i no it have shiet load of break dust but i think it should still be better tho!

Originally posted by MBATF
    Also try here.
    Cuz actully the people from www.irotors.com are sometiems don't really know what they r doing and they couldn't find the one pin Axiss for my C280
    but since ur car is C43 it might be defferent case.

http://www.coximport.com/axxis/

http://www.genxmuscle.com/axxis/apps.html

but IMO sinc eu have AMG brakes already, u might as well go for the OEM pads, i no it have shiet load of break dust but i think it should still be better tho!
    Mang!!! no wonder you're getting the incorrect brake pads coz both site don't even got the application pads for Mercedes...
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

but hey at leas i m pretty sur ethat the 2 pins rear pads will fit on ur car!

O'k Dave when can I see you? Let me know or call me at 510-331-5465 so I can meet you halfway.
    E55 2000
    M-3 2014

O'k Dave when can I see you? Let me know or call me at 510-331-5465 so I can meet you halfway.
    I iwll let you know, cuz i have the find teh pads first its somewhere in teh house..or could be in teh garage...or maybe....Kitchen?/???

i iwll drive down to delievr to you hjous emang don't trip!