Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 202 fav body kits

202 fav body kits

Hey guys... What are you faorite kits? Post pics, Also What is the most agreesive kit they make for a 202?
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    I rather be boosted..

rollinrealbig
    agressive > Lumma tunning.

just sleek and tasteful > Brabus w/C36 sides.

stylish > wald

I dnt like any others, C43 is nice too.

most aggressive: PSG
    quite aggressive: Lumma
    aggressive: Rieger

links where to buy and pictures on the car will add quality to the thread and make it easier for me to pick one

Sence eveyone is too lazy...
    Rieger kit

Lumma tunning

Wald

PSG

I rather be boosted..

that PSG kit is hideious.

I really like the WALD kit any US dealer links for online order?

also the rieger kit has always tickled my fancy

I really like the rigger front bumper I think IM going to be the first one to put it on and mount my front mount intercooler to show! I ALSO LIKE THE WALD,c36,and the c43 side skirts.

I don't see the point in turning a Mercedes-Benz into a Honda.
    99 C280
    ------------------
    95 C36 AMG
    87 300E

I must say though I love the side skirts and maybe the rear bumper but not the front at all...
    Kevin
    I rather be boosted..

Originally posted by Design29
    I don't see the point in turning a Mercedes-Benz into a Honda.
    lol! Thank you. I like some of them though.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

Glad you have a sense of humor
    99 C280
    ------------------
    95 C36 AMG
    87 300E

Brabus + c36 sides....HOT,even in pink
    WALD...HOT
    Jstrats + new reiger front/nice size IC.....VERY HOT

Lumma...err it needs an IC to be more acceptable...or be painted black:bandit:
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video

c36 > *

If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

if i do the next mod to the body its going to be like this, rigger front bumper with my front mount to show, c43 side skirts and my c36 rear bumper.
    does any body know how much the front bumper cost in $$$

its about 400-500. i think.

i wish 750 with the fog lights. i might do it.

WALD

Brabus Front w/ C36 Sides/Rear
    1997 C280 Sport

i seem to like them all, and favour wald, but the PSG is just plain nasty imho
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

I think the newer Lorinser body kit for the 202 and the wald are my favorite. The silver riger front bumper is nice to.

Lorinser

I dont understand how PSG stays in business, the rice rocket look belongs on rice rockets not in euro tuning.
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

Wink

soo sexy :-)

i assume psg is trying to emulate the DTM w202, they did a pretty bad job although the front bar looks kind of similar . someone should give this kit a better go!

remember this one?

^^^^^^
    new definition of the following words:
    whack, barf, vomit, disgusting, downright ugly, retarded, shit-box, WTF, OMG, OMGWTF, WTFOMG, pain, dissapointment....the list does not end.

seriously, i'm a little upset from just seeing that. I will not sleep well tonight

lewda
    damn, thats pretty damn bad, that looks like i took a shit in my pants

When approaching any mod, I like to think about what "problem" I'm addressing by performing the mod. In the case of a body kit, I look at what will be aesthetically "fixed" as a result of changing the look. My main complains about the stock post-update body kit is that the car has no 'chin'. Coming from the background of JDM styling, I'm accustomed to seeing the front bumper as a 'face', and the lowest part of the front bumper protruding, giving the look of a strong chin. The stock kit has a very weak presence in this area. The Rieger Infinity lip can address this, but is a little over the top in my opinion, and drops the ground clearance too low if you have already lowered your car. The other problem I had is that when I crammed big wheels with low offset into the car, they became the widest part of the car's outline. I needed a body kit that was a little wider to "contain" the lines. So with that said...

I like the C36 and Brabus kits, though I think they belong on pre-update models, as they carry the same signature lines. Updated W202's would lose the bumper roundness that characterizes the later years.

So as a 2000 owner (and as a new Wald owner), I have to favor the Wald kit, though my biggest complaint is that I wish the side skirts stuck out more, to match the width of the bumpers. Kompressor owners especially should favor this kit because it shows off the front mount intercooler. The addition of foglights is also a nice touch that makes the whole kit look OEM. As Proven Guilty put it, it's like taking the best parts of the C36 and C43 kit and melting them together.

Lorinser is also not bad except i'm not a fan of mesh on a luxury car, but that's personal preference.

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

nasty....wish i could run into him..but i see a lot of those around here..same country..maybe i should start a thread of the shitty 202's i see daily
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202