Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 202 fav body kits

nice my first post. so i was wondering where you can get the wald kit it looks nice as hell and i want to put it on my car. a and as an introduction im chris i drive a 1995 c280 (not really drive anymore since it has 200k miles but im looking to swap in a c36 engine and such and that why i joined these forums) and a 2000 porsche carrera c2 with 100k miles and no there not highway miles (i use my cars like there ment to be used)
    Speed Has never killed anyone.... suddenly becoming stationary that what gets you - Jeremy Clarkson
    (\\___/)
    ( =\'.\'= )
    (\")__(\") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Originally posted by Abuimad
    nasty....wish i could run into him..but i see a lot of those around here..same country..maybe i should start a thread of the shitty 202's i see daily
    you know, that would be a damn good idea. would love to see what u guys got going on there.

Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
    When approaching any mod, I like to think about what "problem" I'm addressing by performing the mod. In the case of a body kit, I look at what will be aesthetically "fixed" as a result of changing the look. My main complains about the stock post-update body kit is that the car has no 'chin'. Coming from the background of JDM styling, I'm accustomed to seeing the front bumper as a 'face', and the lowest part of the front bumper protruding, giving the look of a strong chin. The stock kit has a very weak presence in this area. The Rieger Infinity lip can address this, but is a little over the top in my opinion, and drops the ground clearance too low if you have already lowered your car. The other problem I had is that when I crammed big wheels with low offset into the car, they became the widest part of the car's outline. I needed a body kit that was a little wider to "contain" the lines. So with that said...

I like the C36 and Brabus kits, though I think they belong on pre-update models, as they carry the same signature lines. Updated W202's would lose the bumper roundness that characterizes the later years.

So as a 2000 owner (and as a new Wald owner), I have to favor the Wald kit, though my biggest complaint is that I wish the side skirts stuck out more, to match the width of the bumpers. Kompressor owners especially should favor this kit because it shows off the front mount intercooler. The addition of foglights is also a nice touch that makes the whole kit look OEM. As Proven Guilty put it, it's like taking the best parts of the C36 and C43 kit and melting them together.

Lorinser is also not bad except i'm not a fan of mesh on a luxury car, but that's personal preference.

-Ray
    When are we going to get to see those pics?

Originally posted by trymonlam
    you know, that would be a damn good idea. would love to see what u guys got going on there.
    we do have some beutifully tuned cars....but since its so cheap to get a custom job..some people go all out...and we have some really weird cars lurking around
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Originally posted by OCKlasse
    When are we going to get to see those pics?
    worrrkk innn prooggresssss....... (car also very filthy) =) =)

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

where did you get the WALD kit/ bumper? and how much $$$ are we talking?

Soooooo does anyone know where to get these kits?!?

this has been discuss quite a few times in the past. i think u can either try to contact wald and see what they can do for you, or you can call one of wald's representative offices outside japan and then place a order through them.

Originally posted by C230Benz
    Soooooo does anyone know where to get these kits?!?
    I can get one for you, depending how serious you are. I have a direct conact with the primary parts importer of WALD USA. As of right now there are no kits left in stock in the states, and you would have to source one.

But like I said, I could check around to see if you wanted one. Would run you $1600 with foglights shipped to a commercial address (freight trucks will not deliver residential, the box is huge).

Originally posted by mike mac
    where did you get the WALD kit/ bumper? and how much $$$ are we talking?
    ha, that actual kit on ray/VIP_MBZ's car came off of my car which is parked next to it in the driveway in that pic

droooooooool.........
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

i'm not gonna lie, i love the fender flares and s-class hood curves you added to your car. that' what really pulls the new look together as great as it does. with those side skirts, you could almost extend the fender flares all the way down, and do a half-door widebody kit on it with all those clean curves and lines, but would make an issue for clearance closing/opening the door unless you cut back the sheetmetal under the widebody molded sides

man i goota say that bumper suits big time ayyy,def the best with those sides!!!!....and def with that hood!...all those roundy bits make it complete...i dont think you could simply just add that bumper to a stocker 202 for a good look
    i really want those headlights tooo....not jelous or anything:cheek:........
    >>00 C43 Black w/birch Black. Immaculate
    >>99 C43 Silver w/CLK55 package
    >>99 S202 RED 250TD Daily.
    >>89 2.6 RED w/16vkit. POS
    >>Old Turbo 2.3 History >>Old Turbo 2.3 Video