Thread: Car Care

Car Care

We all know there are thousands of car care products out there and it is hard to choose which is best for your car's pait. so i thought it would be good to see what you all use to keep your mercedes paint like new.
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

Unhappy

:bored: Someone just made a HUGE ASS dent on my rear quarter panel yesterday... They ripped the paint off...

You made me remember that painful incident...
    Whoever did it shall burn in hell!

When it comes to exterior. I usually wax it either with Meguiar's NXT Quick Wax or NXT regular wax about every month. I clay it with Zaino Bros. clay bar about every 6 months and use about two coats of wax.
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)

Is it vital to clay ?
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

Originally posted by benzonline
    Is it vital to clay ?
    Only if you have pollution/pollen/gunk sticking to your car. The best way to find out is by running your finger along the paint. If it's smooth as glass, you're good to go. If it's rough like sandpaper, clay would do it some good.

It's not an every-wash type of product.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

To wash I use Meguiars Gold class car wash shampoo/conditioner, as far as wax goes I use either Meguiars NXT Tech wax, or Meguiars Gold class. After a harsh winter in the spring time I use a 3 step Meguiars system.

I use mystique from mark V to remove oxidation and clean/prep the paint, then I use either mothers non cleaner wax or zymol. as for perrenial protection, again I start off with mystique(best damn polish/compound on the planet!), then I do a good coat of glare paint sealant(best damn sealant on the planet!), and then I do a good coat of wax. when I say good coat I mean I really work it in with a polisher.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG

Meguiars!!!!! Inside and out!!

sorry to bring back that memory matt09, im sure most of us have been though that to.

ya i use the meguiars shampoo, and menzerna wheel cleaner and i just ordered their compound,glaze,polish and wax (apparently menzerna is used in the mercedes factory)
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710