Thread: W202 with M104 engine Oxygen Sensor

W202 with M104 engine Oxygen Sensor

Hi...

Does any one where in Toronto, Canada is a good shop (other than the dealers) to replace the oxygen sensor after the catalytic converter? How much will it cost assuming I provide the universal Bosch oxygen sensor?

Thanks.

OG Moderator

Re: W202 with M104 engine Oxygen Sensor

Originally posted by 95c280
    Hi...

Does any one where in Toronto, Canada is a good shop (other than the dealers) to replace the oxygen sensor after the catalytic converter? How much will it cost assuming I provide the universal Bosch oxygen sensor?

Thanks.
    Virtually any shop can do it for you. They may not take kindly to you providing the part yourself though. You will likely pay more for the install if you do, particularly since the exhaust system must be lowereed from the bottom of the car to properly access the sensor. You may have issues with the wiring harness on a universal sensor not being long enough for your application. Check it carefully first.
    \'05 C230k (the wife\'s car)
    \'09 smart (fun as heck)
    sold all my 202s

yeah most shops would rather have you buy the sensor from them so they make a parts profit and then install it themselves so you might pay a lil' more for install time. any good european repair shop should have the special tool to remove/install that sensor that way you don't need to drop the exhaust at all. dropping the exhaust just makes it easier if you don't have the tool but there are ways around it. and with the universal sensor, i would just buy the OEM sensor online which is alot cheaper than the dealer that way you don't need to cut and splice wires and it'll just snap right into place.

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

Highly recommend McNally Auto, North York @ Le Page Ct.

With or without the parts you need, he is very fair.