Thread: Decision time!

Decision time!

I have a 00 230k sport that is coming up on 60k and thus I have to make a decision on whether to purchase a extended warranty from Warranty Direct. I have very good results from this company on my other cars. The price on there Major care coverage runs abot $2700.00 for an extention of 37 months or up to 97k miles. a little history on the car, It was my fathers from new, he sadly died of Cancer last November and I have purchased this car from my mother at a family discount. The car has been well taken care of and now has no problems. Whatya think? is it worth it? what would guys do?

rollinrealbig
    so sorry about the loss of your father!

if you know the car is in great shape and maintained then I dont think you should come across any major worries. Have it taken care of and it will last you a long time!

I say definatly get it! * i also am sorry for your loss
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

if you have the money to just throw away on something like that.. then go ahead.. its a luxury that I can only wish to afford + I do all my own work on the car

I have the same car as you. picked it up when it had 60k miles. now it has 95,000 miles 1 year later. the only thing that has fouled was the typical MAF sensor which ran me $300 online and installed by myself.
    taking a break from teh 202 ->

sorry for your loss as well...

that price seems a bit steep to me. i feel like i've seen decent plans for around the $1500 point. good luck!

I personally dont like the "aftermarket" extended warranties because they will only pay for the fraction of the repair, and second, from a shop's point of view, they are a bitch to deal with. they almost always want to screw a shop over by not sending them a payment, or if they give their card number for you to run through the card machine, most of the times they put a stop on it and the shop automatically loses that money, regardless of whose fault it is.

nenad
    2002 S500
    2002 CLK430 w/ 5.5L swap
    2002 SLK32 AMG
    2003 S430 w/ 5.0L swap
    2000 ML55 AMG