Thread: Not a good day for my tranny!

rollinrealbig

Not a good day for my tranny!

well, Ive got a new MAF put in car runs great and alot faster!!! CAI sounds nice and alot better response.

one problem, my tranny jerks. I thought my MAF was making it do that but no for some reason my transmission jerks at shift points. could it be from a little too many donuts or just hard driving it alot ?? I always stomp the pedal im just that type of driver =/

service was done at 50K and its 58K right now. any tips to fix this .... or should I start looking for a manual swap ?

another downer, got in a little fuss at the shop today some fucker decided to pop my headlights. need new lenses. While im at it, ill have to think of what im going to do to his Acura > dont worry ill make him pay!

How does the MAF work with your CAI? Is there any lights? I'm thinking of getting an intake and not sure about the lights and the air flow? Help anyone?

I also i have some jerking... it's not much and i think its usually around 1st or 2nd gear.
    1997 C280 Sport

teh trans on my car went at about 75-80000ish. i had to have it rebuild because i would not shift of just pop into neutra and never go back into gear for a while, while going like 60-70(that was fun) But after teh rebuild it has been great. Im at 132,000 right now and no more problems. Hopefuly you wont nered a rebuild but i seem to notice is a common problem
    2000 C230K
    custom intake
    Full audio with MTX, Alpine, And Rf parts
    custom a-pillar pod

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by 97C28O
    How does the MAF work with your CAI? Is there any lights? I'm thinking of getting an intake and not sure about the lights and the air flow? Help anyone?

I also i have some jerking... it's not much and i think its usually around 1st or 2nd gear.
    it works fine no CEL lights nothing just sounds louder and better response, heres what it looks like ...

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=10345

and I also popped out the honeycomb grid in the air flow meter tube - I guess that blocks air flow so I took it out.

rollinrealbig
    I dont know so you guys saying a rebuild would fix this ? screw that id rather wait til it dies and get a manual swap or ill see if my job is going well maybe ill just get my new car early like say before december!

Ive tried revving it in nuetral and dropping it into gear but it doesnt do anything I guess theres some type of restricter.

this happened to my car too..and the transmission didnt have to be rebuilt it was some part...expensive ass part!

rollinrealbig
    maybe some sort of solenoid. ?

maybe idk ...wuts a solenoid

whats idk and whats solenoid ?????!!?????!!!!
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

idk stands for I dont know..but idk wut solenoid is

tranny rebuild is starting to become a habbit with 202 owners, i think my tranny is heading on that way since today it seems to really thump when 1st gear is engaged....i am dreading the next month
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

rollinrealbig
    solenoid is some electronic part. Im not sure if 202's even have those.

ya so anyway how long fo you guys think I have before this thing completly dies on me ? im hoping to get a new car end of this year I just hope to forget my w202 after that. and no Im still staying with Mercedes-Benz.

had the same problem a few weeks ago... turned out to be a broken coupling

is this the same 5 speed AT that's in my 99 c280?

rollinrealbig
    yes mine is a 5-speed auto non-tip tronic or watever.

I noticed that when I put it in 4 instead of D it is a little smoother. I dont really care much since this w202 isnt gonna stay waith me much longer, I just dont get why I still bother modding it you guys Im getting rid of it this year!! ... and yet I still have a set of 18"s in the closet in need of tires, im still getting it lowered, im still getting my headlights done - the projector project is like done when I get my crystal lenses.

so a coupling you say ... what does that look like price and where is it located ?? I still have an urge to fix this tranny jerking since I drive with my GF during the day everyday and I dont want the car all 'Gas-Brake-Dip' on me LMAO!

.... lucky I have the 06' C230 sport for driving at nite! hehehe ...

Originally posted by rollinrealbig

so a coupling you say ... what does that look like price and where is it located ?? I still have an urge to fix this tranny jerking since I drive with my GF during the day everyday and I dont want the car all 'Gas-Brake-Dip' on me LMAO!

.... lucky I have the 06' C230 sport for driving at nite! hehehe ... [/B]
    the coupling looks something like this: http://www.ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=220030008291

note that this one is for a BMW...in US$ that would come out to about 30 frogskins...

rollinrealbig
    oh no it cant be that part, I forgot the other name for it but mine was changed at 50K I know that forsure i was the one changing it. it goes between the tranny and the driveshaft.

Could it be the torque converter. I think that's the part right in front of the trany, but I could be wrong.

oh no it cant be that part, I forgot the other name for it but mine was changed at 50K I know that forsure i was the one changing it. it goes between the tranny and the driveshaft.
    it's called the flexdisc!!!!!

Jason
    Jason

2006 BMW 525XI (Silver Gray Metallic)
    -----------------------------------------------
    1995 C280 (Smoke Silver Metallic) - 348,900 Original Miles - SOLD March 2010
    1988 Saleen Mustang - 1 Of Only 17 - 50,514 Original Miles - SOLD June 2009

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by 1995c280
    it's called the flexdisc!!!!!

Jason
    ya thats what it was!!! I know i changed it because mine was cracked

Mine has been good...then again I drive it in W mode and 2500rpm shifts

Treat her nice and she'll treat u nice
    99 C43 AMG
    99 C230 Kompressor

rollinrealbig
    Originally posted by benzonline

never.

oh ok, bro...it would have been a cheap solution though

hope it's not somethin worse

Originally posted by benzonline

looool.....no wonder your car is spotless clean lol, i say drive her right, and she will treat you right, i someitmes drive slow in traffics (when i give up and i face the facts that i am going to spend some time in traffic) however as soon as i get a straight piece of good road....i just cant resist....

rollinrealbig
    ugghhh traffic, I hate it. in the freeway the cars start moving a little I have a tendency to floor it then suddenly let go and I feel the transmission kinda jerk a little wen it changes gears - not a good thing I do but I knew this was comming, I absolutely cant stand automatics they just dont work out for me I need something to do!!!!

only one thing, one thing I like about auto's is that I can be feelin on my girl while im driving hehehe ... I know you guys will agree no doubt on that one!