Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bummin' on Bekkers

Just looked at my bank account and saw that they had charged me for my clears. Apparently, they haven't been discontinued after all. But... I did have to call the guy at the body shop who was fixing my car and tell him to turn around the parts he ordered for me. Thought I had cancelled my Bekkers order.

Moral of the story: Don't order from Bekkers if you need it tomorrow. Or next week. Maybe next month, but we can't be sure. It depends on the supplier, on customs, on our work staff. It depends on the phase of the moon. Maybe.

In Charge
    Hey all-

I just spent 15 minutes talking to Anthony to find out what is going on with everyone's shipment,. Here is the scoop.

Shipment has arrived. It arrived late last week and they are unloading the crate by hand. This problem is where the hold up is occuring. Unloading is taking much longer than expected and thus the delay. He also informed me that parts received are not considered in until checked and placed into inventory. Hopefully these items will get out to you soon. I was also informed about these orders will be given expedited(sp) shipping to help out with the delay.

A second problem seems to occur with communication. There seems to be multiple associates saying different things to our Members. Maybe they have different agendas, but I have personally worked with Anthony and had no problems whatsoever. He has been nothing but a straight shooter with me. I suggest that people wanting to do business with Bekkers, deal with Anthony directly. His extension is x33.

Also, I have been informed that the c/f grille is DISCONTINUED. There may be one or two in this shipment, but they will not know until everything is checked. If interested in the c/f grille, I'd check tomorrow or Friday to see if they have any.

If anyone else needs my help, please contact me through PM or email. I'll gladly talk to Bekkers myself.

Hang in there,
    DLS
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

thanks for following up on this for us!

Angry

Just spoke with Tony at Bekkers - Anthony wasn't around. Looks like the shipment is still being unpacked and items purchased may not be available for shipment to customers until Monday, earliest.

Originally posted by unHookt
    Just spoke with Tony at Bekkers - Anthony wasn't around. Looks like the shipment is still being unpacked and items purchased may not be available for shipment to customers until Monday, earliest.
    I ordered a set of Xenon lights from them a while back and they were damaged in shipment. They were going to send a replacement set but they were out of stock. I returned the damaged lights to UPS and have been waiting ever since. Just like you guys I have been getting the same "next week" excuses and frankly was getting nervious as this is a sizable amount of money. I called today and was told they shipped yesterday and got a tracking number. So it does sound like they did recently get a shipment and are making good on their prior commitments.

bekkers = the suck. I have had nothing but trouble from them on anything I have ordered. They lied to me too about warranty issues and delivery times. Tell me it will take 3 weeks but dont tell me for 3 weeks it will be tomorrow.

WHERE IS MY FUCKING GRILLL!!!!??? AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

Hoping my clears come today, though I'll settle for tomorrow. They get a little slack for USPS Columbus Day Holiday (lack of) service. But I will grow increasingly unhappy as the week continues if they don't show up.

How much did you get the corners for? No discount?
    1997 C280 Sport

Uh...No. They didn't discount the price. They simply charged my bank account as if nothing happened. Actually, since you brought it up, they should have. Now I'm getting angry again.

SERENITY NOW! SERENITY NOW!

aviod the ebay auction for the £25 grill kit, its chrome strips

put them on my car anyway and they suck ass .. they would of ROCKED if they had not of crinkled from seating them on the grill ... it would of been a nice put you over till you can afford/locate the proper grill
    yes thats with a heat gun/hair dryer on the lowest setting at quite some distance.. every singal one crinkled... I followed the instructions perfect
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

Just called again. Spoke with Tony, as Anthony is not available (went to voicemail). He told me they were still unpacking their grills, and that they would be shipping tomorrow.

Sound familiar? Sorry guys, but this is horse sh*t.

If these guys had any semblance of credibility left, it's completely shot to hell.

Anyone else here willing to give them a call? Maybe some good old fashioned pressure will light a fire under them...

Yeah, I'll call them in an hour or so.

Just called and spoke with anthony, he said he is looking at them right now and EVERYONE will get them by end of this week, they are going out by 2moro and shipping 3 day air. ( i really think they should be next day but he said they couldnt) whatever. i made him swear on his kids he wasnt lying and he swore ill have it by end of the week and im in cali. so yeah. *sigh. I will NEVER order from them again. i would have rather payed the 25 or so dollars i saved with a discount and gotten this a month ago..
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

Uh oh!

Got a call from Anthony and the grill is on the way. Also noticed that my bank account has been charged for the purchase.

Will keep ya'll posted!

Well, I finally received my HID lights from Bekker's. They made good on their commitment in my case.

post up the HIDs!
    1997 C280 Sport

Got my clears last night finally! Now I can get my car fixed and get it washed!

Yeah I wanna see pics of those HIDs too.

Had to call them for it, but I got a tracking number for my grill. Should be here on the 16h...

Originally posted by Prez
    Got my clears last night finally! Now I can get my car fixed and get it washed!

Yeah I wanna see pics of those HIDs too.
    I have a set of teh Bekker's HID's on my C36 already and these are going on a 94 C280 along with a set of 98-00 smoked tails. I just have to get two light supports (on order) and the trim under the headlights pianted and they will be going in. This time I'll take some pictures of the install if you guys would like. On the C36 it was a day and night difference. Worth every penny for the clean light output (i.e. no glare) vs conversion kits.

Originally posted by 97C28O
    post up the HIDs!
    Here you go
    http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=10932

Without the autolevelers, do the lights bounce up and down as you drive over uneven terrain?

Last night, I was driving back home through a dark area with lots of traffic (Napa), and there was someone behind me with HIDs that were constantly bouncing up and down, as though they were hitting the brights. I'm pretty certain they weren't intentionally flashing me, though. Thank goodness for the autodimming mirrors on my 202!

Meanwhile, the other night I was driving in front of my friend's ML55 with OEM HIDs and this wasn't happening at all. They were pretty much rock solid and never seemed to beam into the cabin of my car, even though we were driving through the up and down mountain twisties...

Just curious as to how much of an annoyance these lights are to other drivers...

yeah what causes the light to bounce up and down, this happens in my car also when i hit a bump, and in my friends car...
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202