Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bummin' on Bekkers

man that's pretty irritating to other drivers on the road. could you also potentially get a ticket for that?

In the c280 they are solid as can be. In the c36 only when I hit a big bump (where you start wondering if you have just bent a rim) does it only slightly shudder. So I would say there isn't an issue with shaking. If it helps I also have yet to get flashed by oncoming traffic.

grill is in

So my grill finally arrived today. Don't you know UPS waited until 7pm to drop it off. This purchase has been an end to end clusterf**k! Ordered September 3rd, received October 16th.

Turns out I got the very last carbon look grill, atfer all...

Anyhow, so I opened the box and was a little disappointed at what I found. There were a few clips missing, some of the metal on the back/mounting side was twisted/bent, and one of the screw holes was misaligned. Build quality, overall, was a C- compared to the OEM grill, which is solid, and maybe 2-3 times as heavy as its replacement.

Also, the grill rattles. I tested while the car was running and it didn't seem to make noise while idling, but the grill definitely rattles when tapped.

So, here are some pics:

Before:

Side by side comparo:

After:

Now, don't get me wrong - this thing looks great. Much better than before - the difference is night and day and the photos probably don't do it justice.

All things considered, after waiting a month for the thing to arrive, having to twist some of the bracket into shape to get it to fit, and realizing that it's pretty cheap-o in build quality, I still don't think I would do it again.

Now it's time to get the car washed...

my grill also feels cheaper than the real thing, however god knows how much it made the car look better...just really makes the front shine...but but i would hate to tap the grill in any way shape or form..because i know it would break easy
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

If it makes you guys feel any better...

I was driving home from work last night when my passenger side clear corner that I waited a month and a half for popped straight out and landed on my bumper. Drove all the way up the 101 lookin like I had an eyeball popped out hanging by an optic nerve. How's that for graphic description?

Pushed back in just fine...waiting for it to happen again.

Thumbs up

Soooo, thumbs down to Bekkers in general?

Well, I'm gonna think
    really
    really
    really
    really
    hard before I order from them again. And honestly, I can't think of anything I'd Want to order from them and have to wait a month for.

Clear corners you apparently can't find anywhere anymore; the grills are kinda hmmmokay. I think if I want to do anything else, I'll get a grill off Ebay. New shocks and springs and rims can all be purchased from a closer and more reliable source than that one in Georgia.

In Charge
    I believe that you didnt properly lock in your clear corner. I've taken my car past 100mph numerous times and never had any problems.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

still waitin on mine... im tempted to tell anthony or tony or whoever it is to come peek at the forum here to see how dis satisfied everyone is so they wil maybe do sumthin about it... fuckin lame! supposedly mines showin up 2moro... cant wait now that i hear how shit the quality is... yay!
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

maybe the avant garde is better in quality than the carbon look grill..?

that would be nice... lol...
    99 c280 (WHITE)
    In the midst of modding.

(list of stuff too long...just link to your gallery thread)

it's really possible.

apparently, the carbon look was discontinued due to build quality issues. Clearly, the one I got was not properly built. Wish I had taken some pictures before the install, but trust me - it was warped and all jacked up.

I had to "make do" because it was the last one, and because I didn't want to have to wait another month for a replacement...

The avant garde isn't made primarily of plastic like the carbon look, right?

Originally posted by unHookt
    maybe the avant garde is better in quality than the carbon look grill..?
    makes me wonder if the chrome "avamtgarde grill" i saw on ebay for £185 is the real deal metal & chrome plated with that price tag..
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

Originally posted by Prez
    If it makes you guys feel any better...

I was driving home from work last night when my passenger side clear corner that I waited a month and a half for popped straight out and landed on my bumper. Drove all the way up the 101 lookin like I had an eyeball popped out hanging by an optic nerve. How's that for graphic description?

Pushed back in just fine...waiting for it to happen again.
    I hate when that kind of stuff happens. Just out of curiosity are the clear corners you got from Bekkers Bosch or AL (Automotive Lighting)?

They were Bosch. Came in the Bosch box.