Thread: Sideskirts?

Sideskirts?

hey i have the stock w202 from 1995, and the sideskirts are black, but the cars color is gray, wher can i buy some sideskirts? or should i just paint over the black part? it looks wierd, car is another color, and the sidepart is black. how can i paint it the cars color? should i just spray paint it? thanks for your timeee

Lolololol.... Spray paint?
    Please take care of your car...
    And when you buy the sideskirts or decide to paint them, let a professional do the work.

No way, you can totally paint them yourself as long as you have a steady hand.

Make sure you take pictures and post them.

So what's it like in Comptain this time of year? I've heard Comptain is really pretty in the fall.
    2000 C230K
    1998 Prelude Type SH
    1957 300 SL Gullwing
    1953 Porshce Spyder
    1963 Ferrari GT California
    1988 Dodge Reliant \"K\"

yeh yo we keep tha block hot even in december ya heard come on down ima show u ma benz, right now im tryin to paint the sideskirts but how should i do it? any guides?
    hollaaa

Originally posted by benz90220
    yeh yo we keep tha block hot even in december ya heard come on down ima show u ma benz, right now im tryin to paint the sideskirts but how should i do it? any guides?
    hollaaa
    Practice on a random piece of scrap first. I wouldn't hit up the side skirts on your first attempt.
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

rough guide.

clean the skirts real well, let dry completely!!

use newspaper and auto masking tape to cover all bits around the skirts you dont want to paint, leaving only the sideskirts exposed. make sure you use the tape to get really straight lines at the edges where the skirts meet the car panels.

use a can of automotive plastic primer, give a few light coats till its all covered, allow 5 or so minutes between each coat (refer to insturctions on can)

Let dry totally.

Get your local auto store to mix up a spray can with your exact car colours paint (look for paint code in their reference books etc) then spray over the primer, a few moderate/light coats with 5-10 minutes in between coats, dont put the paint on too heavy or it will not work properly, build up lights coats.

once paint is totally covering the primer and solid let dry...

24hrs later give it a good clean and then you may wanna do some wax and polish (allow 2 weeks before you do this i think, any sooner isnt good for the paint, takes about 2 weeks to fully 'cure'.)

this is a real quick rough guide and you could go into WAY more detail to get a top finish, but im at work and dont have a lot of spare time...

ppl feel free to add any suggestions.

If you are gonna paint your sides yourself we may as well try and help you get them looking the best you can!
    Diamonds & Wood

My merc http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9323

thanks very much MirageHatch for the guide, im gonna take it into consideration

you may as well just colour it in with a permanent texter....
    My Car - http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9219&perpage=15&pagenum ber=4

Custom Painted, Shaved Door handles, Chrome 20\'s, Slammed, Soundstream Stereo, Avantgarde Grill,

Team Illusiv - Street to Elite - Australia\'s Premier online Car Show team.

you may as well just colour it in with a permanent texter....
    YO.. dont worry if you meesit up .. Just use Liquid Paper to fix it.
    \"There\'s a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it\'s not about who\'s got the most bullets, it\'s about who controls the information.\"

Cosmo - Sneakers

u teachin me how to paint a sideskirt or type an essay????

Originally posted by benz90220
    u teachin me how to paint a sideskirt or type an essay????
    I think most of the members of this forum have a 202 because of its “elegant sport” look. The mods done by the member tent to maintain the MB original look or as you elegantly put it “conservative in your modifications”.( Your Words ). This “conservative” mods are little bit more expensive that buying a 50 cents refrigerator magnet to impress someone in your hood.
    \"There\'s a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it\'s not about who\'s got the most bullets, it\'s about who controls the information.\"

Cosmo - Sneakers

aight dawg, listen up cause i only be sayin dis once.

1) get some gold spray paint from home depot, gaffle that shit when they aint lookin, for extra street cred
    2) pull a board out of the alley, look for one that dont be havin lots of nailz and shit in it
    3) slap the board up against the door with one hand, and tag them skirts up like they be janet jackson's thighs
    4) show off to yo bruvahs how tite that shit be lookin, str8 outta compton.

internet access and digital cameras in compton 4 life!

aight dawg, listen up cause i only be sayin dis once.

1) get some gold spray paint from home depot, gaffle that shit when they aint lookin, for extra street cred
    2) pull a board out of the alley, look for one that dont be havin lots of nailz and shit in it
    3) slap the board up against the door with one hand, and tag them skirts up like they be janet jackson's thighs
    4) show off to yo bruvahs how tite that shit be lookin, str8 outta compton.

internet access and digital cameras in compton 4 life!

edit: lata hollaaaaaaa

...You made my day sir.

AIGHT IMA TAKE THAT NAILED BOARD N SMACK YA FUCKIN HEAD OFF AIGHT BITCH COME TO COMPTON N IF U LOOKIN FOR BEEF,

i live at the corner of South LONG BEACH BLVD and CYPRESS STREET

MEET ME THERE OR STOP BEEFIN WITH ME

Spring Master
    calm the fuk down nga. else u gonna get yo azz banned. we dont want that here

he's suspended now
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Please keep him!!!!

It kept my busy day going with a good

Cosmo - Sneakers

Spring Master
    Originally posted by adelaros
    Please keep him!!!!

It kept my busy day going with a good
    u like shit talking? www.offtopic.com

im on it all day long

OG Moderator

nothing useful can come of this thread anymore