Thread: $85 for a s600 grill?

$85 for a s600 grill?

is 85 dollars ($20 of that for shipping) for a s600 grill a reasonable price?

im talking about this:
    ebay grill

rollinrealbig
    I bought that one bout two years ago. so far so good.

i bought the exact same grill from the exact same guy 1 year ago. and this is what i think.
    pros:
    they are quality grill inserts. thick sturdy plastic, nice chrome pieces that's on tight. it doesn't slide easy. the plastic pieces under the chrome are painted gloss black.
    cons:
    though it fits with no problem, but if u r anal about little fitment problems that people can't spot unless they are 2 inches away, u might need a dremel and spend 15-20 mins to modify it a bit.

overall, 85 shipped is a great price. i am unwilling to fork out $100+ for a bekker when my own chrome frame is in good condition.

and yeah, don't bother bargain with the guy for a lower price. he'll just ignore u.

Yeah I have that exact one. Fitment is cool except one clip doesn't go ove in one spot so one blade is and couple mm lower. Cant notice unless 2 feet away, overall a good deal.
    Heres a pic. Guess where its lower.

are you talking about the grill from ebay?
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

yes sir we are

I have that exact one too from that guy. I will confirm this:
    they are quality grill inserts. thick sturdy plastic, nice chrome pieces that's on tight. it doesn't slide easy. the plastic pieces under the chrome are painted gloss black.
    , but I can't confirm this:
    it fits with no problem,
    . I had to do some modifications with a dremel to get it to fit correctly. Once it's on it looks good IHMO.
    2011 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S. Tronic Ti Package
    APR FMIC
    APR Stage II Software
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust

2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6MT (Sold)
    1999 C 280 Sport (Sold)
    1995 C 280 (Sold)

hehe, you could always just be a weirdo like me and buy a real one from the dealer. bolt-on perfect fit with no modifications. =)

-Ray
    2009 Audi S5 Quattro
    2000 Mercedes C230 Kompressor - W202 - SOLD
    1992 Toyota Supra Turbo - 2JZ-GTE, GT35R dbb - big project

i saved $10 and got mine from the ebay seller from taiwan. i don't know how different it is, but the one clip didn't fit right and now i have 2 blades bent up. Not noticeable from far, but it bugs the hell out of me up close.

from my understanding, the ebay ones, the bekkers ones, all of them, are all w210 grilles cut down to fit the 202. Mine had to be trimmed to hell with a dremel to even want to try to fit in.

I am probably going back to the stock grille painted black some time in the future. Or something.