Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Group Buy - HID Conversion Kit

Originally posted by nguyenphananh
    Damn u lucky ,

still going to school and have 202 to skid around? how many chicks do you date at the time.... haha j/k

hahah i drove the 202 for a quarter while i attended art institute...but now i drive the odyssey touring which i just got last week, to school now...save gas =] on the meanwhile my dad is rollin in the 202 haha...ive had my 202 since i was 16 my parents had it since 98 brand new and i am 20 now...we should meet up sometime ill try to take the 202...technically my dad claimed it his now haha...
    744 CULT!

you are so lucky...
    I went through UCI driving the CBR F3, medical school I drove a corolla, and now I got the 98 202 (for free) from my sis. my car and your should be very similar. My 202 is pretty stock with a very few unnoticable mods. Couldnt wait until the day I buy my first brand new slk350...

i'll definitely take a set for $160 if it's of respectable quality, but i haven't really read a post one way or another.

How will the payment be? my friend asks..
    1997 C280 Sport

Message from my contact for payment.

"If your out-of-town friends would like to order kits and have them shipped, I can give them your price (and add their quantity to your total) and just add $10 for shipping. Please note that if they are in California and are paying with PayPal or credit card, I'll need to charge them tax. However, if they can send a money order, I can skip the tax. You can have them email me or give me a call and I can then give them a total for their money order, take their credit card information, or send them a PayPal payment request (depending what they would like to do)."

So let me know what you guys plan and ill let him know right away

i am still waiting on the reply about the bulbs
    744 CULT!

Originally posted by Superpnoy
    Message from my contact for payment.

"If your out-of-town friends would like to order kits and have them shipped, I can give them your price (and add their quantity to your total) and just add $10 for shipping. Please note that if they are in California and are paying with PayPal or credit card, I'll need to charge them tax. However, if they can send a money order, I can skip the tax. You can have them email me or give me a call and I can then give them a total for their money order, take their credit card information, or send them a PayPal payment request (depending what they would like to do)."

So let me know what you guys plan and ill let him know right away

i am still waiting on the reply about the bulbs
    Cool. Check okay? Did you pick up a set yet? i'd like to see the results first.. Does he have a pricing from his words?
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    Cool. Check okay? Did you pick up a set yet? i'd like to see the results first.. Does he have a pricing from his words?
    oh yah its either 150 or 155 plus shipping. Check might be okay i am not sure but the only thing i am concerned about is that if you pay money order or check its really hard to get your money back if something happens like for example say he doesnt ship out your kit. i mean if i had time just send me the cash and i would ship it out to you myself. But for now since you want to wait i will see if this guy is legit and if he is ill approve you guys to order from him directly under me. I will be going on Friday to pick up a few kits.
    744 CULT!

cool keep us uodated.
    1997 C280 Sport

how do you plan to put it in? store installation? I want to compare my to your, not sure if there is any different in light output.... keep me update

ok so i found someone else...a friend of ryhi's, his location is about 5 miles from me compared to 20-30miles from the other guy...this guy seems more trustworthy as he is a friend of ryhi's and the prices seem to be the same with free shipping. I have yet to speak to the guy and he also has 1 year warranty as i believe he does.

I plan on putting mine in myself. I never trust shops to do it except the shops i do know. My friends and my method are to hide the ballasts just in case the car gets broken into so that they dont go stealing the HID's.

i will keep you guys updated
    744 CULT!

so how is the HID turns out? how is the light quality? update?

so how is the HID turns out? how is the light quality? update?
    Sorry about the update on this...ok i decided to drop the supplier for the chinese brand HID's...i went another route which are Japanese HID's they are top of the line. They are called Alpha HID's which is waterproof and heat resistent. I will update later as i have been busy but these go for way more than the chinese brand. I already put a set on the Odyssey and i will take pictures later. These are one of the best HID's that are out.

They retail between 375-395 and the installation is way easier than philips HID...no tapping wires to the battery at all.

I was told to sell these at 300 a kit as my discount is way huge.

but if i get more than 5+ buyers i can sell these kits at 280...the more people i get the more discount there is.

I have also seen these demonstrated as they have been dipped inside a fish tank to show how waterproof they were and it amazed me.

the breakdown...

Alpha HID's Easiest Plug and Play installation
    Retail price : $375-395
    1 Buyer: $300
    5+ Buyers: $280
    10+ Buyers $260

If the prices are to high maybe i can work something out with the guy but for me this was a great price.

I will post more info later

BTW i can still get Chinese brand HIDs for less than 200 but if i were you i wouldnt waste my time as alot of them ive heard had problems.

MORE INFO LATER!
    744 CULT!

Superpnoy
    Not to be alarmed, but I think you maybe being ripped off right there. Frist, most of them (or all of them) CLAIMED to be water proof. On many sites (including the chinese ones) on ebay, they showed a video clip of the whole unit being diped in a bottle of water, yet they still working...
    Second, all of them are plug and play, no need to tapping wire into the battery. Some hardcore would tag direct into battery as a safety measure to protect the circuit, but to my understand, they kit uses let current than the halogen, so no need to tap into the battery...

My whole point here is nothing wrong with the kit, but seems like they are trying to sell you alot more of ....nothing for alot more $. If you want to spend $, buy a real D2R bulbs and a set of real Phillip or Hella kit.
    Good luck

Also if you want to buy a brand name kit, buy MC Culloch. If my research are correct, they are a big american company that make lots of heavy duty farmming equipments. mc culloch is well known among the mods

Superpnoy
    Not to be alarmed, but I think you maybe being ripped off right there. Frist, most of them (or all of them) CLAIMED to be water proof. On many sites (including the chinese ones) on ebay, they showed a video clip of the whole unit being diped in a bottle of water, yet they still working...
    Second, all of them are plug and play, no need to tapping wire into the battery. Some hardcore would tag direct into battery as a safety measure to protect the circuit, but to my understand, they kit uses let current than the halogen, so no need to tap into the battery...

My whole point here is nothing wrong with the kit, but seems like they are trying to sell you alot more of ....nothing for alot more $. If you want to spend $, buy a real D2R bulbs and a set of real Phillip or Hella kit.
    Good luck

I know what you mean...I have 3 shops that i go to and 1 of them is one of the most trusted shops around and they said that the Alpha kit is one of the best japanese HIDs made around. They also do sponsors for Gushi Cars...which is ryhi's friend. They are pretty known for their HID kit and i mean i didnt get ripped off and i know it. I know quite a few about HIDs and i did all my research. Let me just say that you will be happy with this kit if you do buy it.

check out www.gethids.com as they have the kit on there. If you want to see it in person i have it installed in the Odyssey...im going to contact my contact later and see if we can get the price lower.

If anything i wouldnt post anything bad on here on club202 as i consider most people in here my family. Ive been a member since who knows when and i wouldnt want to ruin my reputation by letting you guys buy the wrong stuff. Notice that is why i dont want anyone to buy the chinese kits because it might go bad in the long run. These are considered equivalent to philips and what im saying here is for the price you cant go wrong. I am just simply trying to give you guys an offer still as i already have my HID kits.
    744 CULT!

Originally posted by Superpnoy
    oh yah its either 150 or 155 plus shipping.
    that looked a lot better than $300 buddy. I'm definitely out.

Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
    that looked a lot better than $300 buddy. I'm definitely out.
    i can still get you that if you want as long as there is 3+ buyers =] let me just contact another person
    744 CULT!

How many HID kits are you trying to get!? Thats nice that your helping us, club202, out with the kits.. If the price is right I will contact you. Thanks for taking your time to get us a deal with the kits!
    1997 C280 Sport

id love to see shots of the japanese one on a 202! that would help the purchase decision!
    Diamonds & Wood

My merc http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9323

Just for my club202 family...

i had a talk with my contact last night on the Japanese HIDs and i expressed the way how club202 has helped me and would benefit the company.

I was able to bring my price down to $250 a kit plus shipping. No need for a group buy! I have not asked him what the price would be if there was a group buy but atleast the price dropped alot! from $395 to $300 to $250...

This is only for Club202 members!
    I am not sure how long this will last...

p.s. i wish i could show you on a 202 but i dont have the kit on my 202 =[ ... I have it in the odyssey. Which i have yet to take pictures of.
    744 CULT!

Does your Ody have projectors? Post em up, I wan to see. What temp you get?
    1997 C280 Sport

Originally posted by 97C28O
    Does your Ody have projectors? Post em up, I wan to see. What temp you get?
    haha no i wish i had projectors im still planning on retrofitting

here are a few pics

http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=10919
    744 CULT!

i have the alpha kit on my car.