Thread: Fob Emergency!!! Need Help!!!

Fob Emergency!!! Need Help!!!

Okay, so yesterday I stopped by home and my mom gave me a bowl of adobo (chicken in a vinegar/soy sauce...sauce). Rather than putting plastic over it, or a lid, she just put foil on top and threw it in a box.

Long story short, I have adobo STANK on my rear seat. Took the seat out and tried to wash it in the tub, used detergent, stain spray, more water, etc.

2 problems

1) Stinks like adobo. WTF
    2) Combination of detergent and terry-cloth: i rubbed some of my grey coloring off the leather.

How do I get the stank out and does anyone know how i can color the leather back to grey??

Help GREATLY appreciated this is a HUGE bummer.
    TIA

rman

I would suggest a mild solution of baking soda and water. (eats odors, and is a base that would react with anything acidic)
    If you can thread the needle... and if your drive can lead to Pole Position today, history may hold a place for you tomorrow.

search. think. do. post.

Re: Fob Emergency!!! Need Help!!!

Originally posted by rman
    Okay, so yesterday I stopped by home and my mom gave me a bowl of adobo (chicken in a vinegar/soy sauce...sauce). Rather than putting plastic over it, or a lid, she just put foil on top and threw it in a box.

Long story short, I have adobo STANK on my rear seat. Took the seat out and tried to wash it in the tub, used detergent, stain spray, more water, etc.

2 problems

1) Stinks like adobo. WTF
    2) Combination of detergent and terry-cloth: i rubbed some of my grey coloring off the leather.

How do I get the stank out and does anyone know how i can color the leather back to grey??

Help GREATLY appreciated this is a HUGE bummer.
    TIA

rman
    But, was the adobo good? j/k.

I've been there, bro. But mine was on cloth and it was baked salmon with soy sauce/garlic/ginger/olive oil. Yumm.. but, fish stank don't come out. Good luck with yours!

you might want to call up a professional cleaning company for some suggestions. they might be much more helpful than people here.

OG Moderator
    What about experimenting with some Fabreeze before you spend the big bux on a pro service? Spot test it on the leather in a hidden area first.

Doug
    1999 C230 Kompressor

rollinrealbig
    smoke a black&mild with the windows closed.

well in my opinion...you can either use the countless leather shampoo's in the market to take the stench away, and to restore the leather..or u can fork over 100 bucks (price over here) to ger ur car detailed.....but i understand what a bummer that is, this happened once in my pilot...it killed me
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Originally posted by rollinrealbig
    smoke a black&mild with the windows closed.
    what is this compton?

pour baking soda on it , leave over night then vaccum

see if it lifts the stank
    BAN HIS ASS!!
    744 C36 AMG- carlsson
    040 C43- way to many modifications
    744 CLK55- even more mods
    CLS55 IWC edition
    744 CLK500 Rocket Bunny widebody

thanks for all the replies! i am going to give the baking soda a shot and pick up one of those leather repair kits.

it's minor enough to tackle a DIY repair without risking it coming out like ass.

and black n mild? no way dude. maybe a swisher. or blunt wrap. but there is definitely no tobacco smoking in this car.

on a side note - a ton of sub-rattles are gone with the seat out.

if ur still havin troble then e-mail Terry or Jan. They own a automotive detailing supply place and know everyting. They always give me good answers.

you can contact them at:
    http://www.properautocare.com/askdedoqu.html
    Devon
    1999 C280 Sport
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2398710

I've seen "fob" in 2 threads now. What is this "fob."
    94 C280, 250k miles, 1999-2011 (gone, never forgotten)
    CURRENT:
    744 Silver 99 C43 AMG, 260k miles, 2011-
    040 Black 98 C43 AMG, 190k miles, 2013-

Originally posted by Sulaco
    I've seen "fob" in 2 threads now. What is this "fob."
    LOL

fob can mean keychain, as used in the other thread. like the keyless entry uses a wireless key fob.

i am using it as the derrogatorry acronym, F.O.B., or Fresh Off the Boat. it refers to a newly arrived foreigner, more specifically asian. And while I don't consider myself to be asian, MORE specifically filipino

In Charge
    Originally posted by rman
    And while I don't consider myself to be asian, MORE specifically filipino
    Click me
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Leatherique have products to clean, restore and recolour leather:

http://www.leatherique.com/