Thread: A/c Not Blowin Cold Air

A/c Not Blowin Cold Air

my ac isnt blowin out any cold air, just seems like outside air coming thru the vents. anybody know the likely problem here? thanks

When you turn on the AC, do you feel the compressor kick on, or feel a slight load being put on the engine? If your compressor is working, you may only need a freon refill, which is very easy. You can do it yourself.

Good point Scott, but do these cars use the Freon or that new shit that starts with an "A". I forgot the name now, it is to late for me. I will remember in the morning and then edit my post with the correct word.
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

i hav an AC problem, but mine still blows cold air...my AC blows nasty smellin air for the first few minutes its on... any ideas?

CKlasse
    W202s utilizes R134a Freon The only one in the market for newer car!

with the car running i turned the ac on and didnt hear any compressor sound from the engine while turnin ac on or off, what could it be; fuse, leak or faulty compressor?

CKlasse
    I found that W202's compressor clutch is very quiet compare to others. Try to look for the RPM changes instead!

Have you tried recharging your A/C unit? Also, check all your fuses....
    \"Children in the front seat can cause accidents, accidents in the back seat can cause children!\"

where would i check for the fuses and which ones? is the compressor located so that i can reach it fairly easily to look for loose fittings or something? thanks again for the help