Thread: interior trim upgrade

interior trim upgrade

I have a 99 sport with the fake carbon fiber and I hate it. Does anyone know whats available? Really would like some black wood grain...
    thanks

Ill trade you for my 96 wood.
    1993 ZX6E
    1996 C36
    1972 240Z
    1993 Bayliner 1750

The one who dies with the most toys wins!

I'll trade you for my 98 wood

get real CF
    1997 C280 Sport

I would love to get brushed alumium trim but have no idea where to get it.
    1993 ZX6E
    1996 C36
    1972 240Z
    1993 Bayliner 1750

i know charles (crazy00c230k) has the REAL carbon fiber overlay.. maybe he can chime in

I'll trade for the wood in my 98 c43

I prefer the faux CF to the wood trim, but would like brushed aluminum if available.
    \'99 C280 Sport, Brilliant Silver w/ Xenon High Intensity headlamps/ most options

Im with you. I like the wood better. Makes it look more luxurious. I especially like it in my c43 because it makes me feel all german mafia or something.

In Charge
    Originally posted by sig425
    Im with you. I like the wood better. Makes it look more luxurious. I especially like it in my c43 because it makes me feel all german mafia or something.
    jah!
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

nah guys I dont want to trade I dont think the brown wood will look good in mine. Does any one know an ftermarket solution>?

Originally posted by MeanC43
    I'll trade for the wood in my 98 c43
    thats a great luking interior. i wouldnt change a thing.

Originally posted by C WILD
    thats a great luking interior. i wouldnt change a thing.
    yeah man ur interior is drop dead sexy...please dont change a thing...its just perfect as it is
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

You could easily remove the pieces and have them guilded with say silver or aluminum leaf. My buddy did this to his audi and it looks awesome. He used a crinkle silver leaf with a tinted clearcoat over it. It had an almost 3D smoked silver look to it. I'm gonna do this to mine once it's in storage. I'll be sure to post some pics.
    .....I drive sideways.....
    *98\'C43 Supercharged
    *H&R springs
    *Bilstien Shocks
    *Magnecore race wires
    *Phelonic intake spacers
    *Bosche Clears
    *Custom 3in stainless exhaust
    *Renntech Monolite 18\'s
    *Some other stupid stuff
    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/0801.07pics054.jpg

dude you could make your own carbon fiber!!
    read this: http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...threadid=11051
    tnx DRM
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

Actually I just got back from the SEMA show and found this new company that makes carbon fiber "stickers" that actually look real. Also they make it with a black wood grain as well! Let me know if anyone is intersted

So post up already!
    1993 ZX6E
    1996 C36
    1972 240Z
    1993 Bayliner 1750

Originally posted by 1sickC
    Actually I just got back from the SEMA show and found this new company that makes carbon fiber "stickers" that actually look real. Also they make it with a black wood grain as well! Let me know if anyone is intersted
    they dont work i experimented cf stickers on my 202, trust me, it took me HOURS cutting them....putting them on, and a week for them to start peeling slightly on the corners, so i took them off...stickers were of very good quality, but even before they peeled, the "fake" part was just really standing out....looked cheap
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

well I need to do something, any suggestions?

Originally posted by 1sickC
    well I need to do something, any suggestions?

not down?? for making the CF your self then?

shouldnt be any harder to make then then what the guy made, the engine cover for his bike which was a far more complicated shape then our puney little peaces of trim.

there flat, simple, and symetericla.. should be a peace of cake..

Originally posted by ncd
    not down?? for making the CF your self then?

shouldnt be any harder to make then then what the guy made, the engine cover for his bike which was a far more complicated shape then our puney little peaces of trim.

there flat, simple, and symetericla.. should be a peace of cake..
    i can explain how to paint a car to you in 25 pages of step-by-step, give you the materials and tools, and let you have at it. it doesn't mean it's going to turn out quality. finished pieces take tons of experience, especially something you would like to use inside of your car simply for looks.

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    i can explain how to paint a car to you in 25 pages of step-by-step, give you the materials and tools, and let you have at it. it doesn't mean it's going to turn out quality. finished pieces take tons of experience, especially something you would like to use inside of your car simply for looks.
    right.. practice makes perfect.. you would be a fewl to think that you can expect high quality peices on your first few attempts...
    if you did manage to get something nice on a first attemp.. count your self as lucky and call it beginers luck ..

I wouldnt even expect poor quality peices I would expect FAILURE.. =)

if i every get the kit together im going to practice on things of inconsiquence like my front room ash tray heh