Thread: $1,000 Dollars to Spend

$1,000 Dollars to Spend

I have 1g to spend on performance mods, any ideas? 1999 C230 Kompressor, all stock!!!! it needs to eat civics alive!!
    Theres a demon in my car i tell yah....its name is KOMPRESSOR lmfao

There are hundreds of threads on this, as soon as you click that search button on top... iits red for a reason..! hope i helped a little bit.
    Jim
    >> My white Greek merC

i was in your position a month ago...but i figured im either going all out on performance, wich would end up costing me a loot...or i can spend it on something else...i ended up buying a whoop ass sound system
    Modified C230, Sprayed Silver Strips, Updated Grill, Tinted all round, Lowered Springs, 17inch Rimms, K&N performance Filter, Performance chip and AMG exhaust Kit, Hella bixenons with Osram Bulbs
    Just in: Pioneer sound system, 2 1000 Watt Subs, 2 Amps, and 1 Head Unit...luvin the BASS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/abuimad

If Its 2 (Good) 2 Be True...Then..Its a 202

Thats what i was thinking about, killer sound system or just make it go faster. i went from 5.7L Z28 Camaro to 4 Bang-er Benz. the benz is pretty nasty for a 4 bang-er btw. as of sound system did anyone do the sound system there self, if so can you please pm me. lol kinda sorry for the useless topic now, new to this place.

Originally posted by Cru328prod
    Thats what i was thinking about, killer sound system or just make it go faster. i went from 5.7L Z28 Camaro to 4 Bang-er Benz. the benz is pretty nasty for a 4 bang-er btw. as of sound system did anyone do the sound system there self, if so can you please pm me. lol kinda sorry for the useless topic now, new to this
    place.
    bah why waste it on music, if it were me I would spend it on some limited slip belts, a performance pully, and a bigger vortec blower all together.. then a k&n panel filter, some v-grove plugs, you could still get a great p3/wma/sd+bluetooth headset, plumed into what is a great sounding 6 channel speakers..

give her some projectors+clear corners and sexy tail lights
    Im sure you can achieve it with your 1000 green backs.
    Standard 1999 C230K Sport
    Mileage: 120K
    Tyres: Pirelli P6000

Question is were do i get all of that, i want to gain aleast 50 - 100 hp. im still trying to figure this engine out with the blower.

rollinrealbig
    get full-on custom exhuast and try to manage to afford an intake as well.

50-75 shot nitrous, then the rest of the loot on a nice head unit. or send me a grand and i'll show you how to

In Charge
    S/c pulley (do they still make em?), reprogram of ECU, and if you can exhaust with high-flow cats.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Originally posted by rman
    50-75 shot nitrous, then the rest of the loot on a nice head unit. or send me a grand and i'll show you how to

If im not mistaken, that engine can't handle nitrous. forged pistons are needed

If im not mistaken, that engine can't handle nitrous. forged pistons are needed
    well in that case, FMIC with no2 spray bar

Originally posted by rman
    well in that case, FMIC with no2 spray bar
    a guy with a 230k has a nos express system on his ride, and Ive read somewhere the m111 can handle "50 shot" stock.. if its true that could be some cheap hp right there..

http://www.aspracing.com

look at the crank pulley for the '98-99 M111 engine block. good for at the very least 20hp at the wheels. Would cost you about $1000 for the crank pulley, cold plugs, upgraded fuel preassure regulator, and new S.C. Belt.

After that you can make a custom silicon tube to relocat the MAS to a horizontal position instead of vertical coming off the I.C. to greatly improve the throttle response and torque from the 2500-3500 rpm range.

Solid results that does not comprimise the longevity of the engine or supercharger. (raises boost from about 5lbs stock to 8-9lbs of boost.

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    http://www.aspracing.com

look at the crank pulley for the '98-99 M111 engine block. good for at the very least 20hp at the wheels. Would cost you about $1000 for the crank pulley, cold plugs, upgraded fuel preassure regulator, and new S.C. Belt.

After that you can make a custom silicon tube to relocat the MAS to a horizontal position instead of vertical coming off the I.C. to greatly improve the throttle response and torque from the 2500-3500 rpm range.

Solid results that does not comprimise the longevity of the engine or supercharger. (raises boost from about 5lbs stock to 8-9lbs of boost.
    well said, I could live by that for my own road map on the performance front. that site has you wishing you could get the ac eliminator pully and perform other such blueprinting on the pully system..

Re: $1,000 Dollars to Spend

I have 1g to spend on performance mods, any ideas? 1999 C230 Kompressor, all stock!!!! it needs to eat civics alive!!
    Get ASP pulley. You won't be disappointed. All for under $800.

You probably eat a Civic alive on the freeway... But against transplanted/ forced induction civic, it would be hard....

Ok lets say i get that pull upgrade, do i need any kind of special tools? and how difficult would you say it is?

it's all been covered before.

it sounds like you really need to do some homework before dropping cash. the red search button is your friend; try searching for asp pulley, pulley kit, kleeman pulley, and pulley removal. etc

Originally posted by Proven Guilty
    it's all been covered before.

it sounds like you really need to do some homework before dropping cash. the red search button is your friend; try searching for asp pulley, pulley kit, kleeman pulley, and pulley removal. etc
    yea i know was kinda being lazy, sorry

In Charge
    yea i know was kinda being lazy, sorry
    Being lazy will not get you far in terms of looking for answers. Many people do not respond to questions that can be easily found with Search.
    1998 C43
    1994 C280 (Retired)

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." - da Vinci

Not only that, it's just best practice to learn as much as you can about what you're trying to achieve. that way you will know what results to expect, and how to troubleshoot when something doesn't work as expected.

Personally I never trust the opinion of a single person. Your best bet is to find as much information as possible about the pros and cons and decide if its end result will be meet your goal and expectations. This way you're not stuck in a situation where "so and so said it would work perfectly" and come to find out they already upgraded a fuel preassure regulator and forget to mention it. In result, your car ran too lean and burned a hole through the top of the piston etc etc