Thread: W202 Kompressor cam question

OG Moderator

W202 Kompressor cam question

I was wondering if there is any difference between Euro spec cams and North American spec cams?? I know the Euro engines have more HP in them.. Would getting Euro spec cams for My W202 Kompressor engine give me any performance gains??
    thanks.
    *2002 E320 4Matic Wagon* Daily
    --Not lowered—18" Alphards—Stock exhaust.
    Lots Coming—3 piece 18" AMG Aero II—Custom Bags—Wide Fenders—W210 E55 Engine Swap with 4matic—

*1999 C230K Turbo* Track Car
    --18" SL55 AMG's--KW V2 Suspension--SLK55 Front and Rear Brake--Wiechers Braces--Custom GT28 Turbo--Custom 3" Exhaust--68mm Throttle body--450cc Injectors--Custom Intake Manifold--Custom liquid to air intercooler--C36 Rear--Brabus Front--

While not familar with the cam specs for the MB from my VW days the difference was made in the mid to high band.

Typically american markets like that low end grunt so the cams are ground to give more low end and less highend (i mean legal speed limit is 65mph in most places anyways)

So if there is a gain it will most likely be to the way the car behave on the higher side of the rpms with a sacrifice to off line performance.

But with what it cost for oem cams might as well go with schrick cams or a set of custom grind ones to get the power you want.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253